Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard what is going on with Brimfield police? I heard that they hired back most of the department but that they still don't have police powers yet. Is there any truth to that?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I work for a town that borders Brimfield and have some limited info...... yes they hired back some of the old part-timers but they did pick up some new ones. There is a new chief who came from out-of-state and the LT is a full time PO from Charlton PD. They are making arrests and MV stops so I would assume they have full PO powers. Hope this helps, Bro.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Chief is still not a certified police officer. He cannot make arrests, however, I'm sure that he making arrests and doesn't care what the state has to say about it. I know that he drives a fully marked police cruiser. He wears an official uniform along with a gun and presents himself as a police officer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
True, Chief is not certified. He was certified in Florida but the MPTC will not accept his academy. From what I hear he is scheduled to attend the Boylston FT academy.

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Just to get the facts straight.
MPTC will accept his academy if the job was a fulltime position.
The problem is that the chief's job in Brimfield is parttime and MPTC is not authorized by the statues to issue a waiver(exemption) for out of state training for a parttime position.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Because he's better than the rest of us...Why'd he be a chief, otherwise? Whats "sauce for the goose" is not "sauce for the gander" in this case...

I don't care, really, about what goes on in Brimfield. But if I drop you and your address has "Brimfield" anywhere in it, GIG. Period. Pay the man.

How about a concerted effort amongst state and local cops to serve warrants and enforce the law during their next Gypsy Event?

Bet we could clear a ton of warrants...

·
Registered
156 Posts
If they had the mobile terminals in their cruisers you could run a hell of alot of the plates in that kind of traffic!

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
The Brimfield Lt is a patrolman in Charlton??? :s Who delivers the mail....the fire chief???

where is that damn deliverance icon!

Wait

I solved the problem. Let's create a "circuit chief's" position like the circuit judges of the 1800's wild west. He could ride through town once a month and preside over business....."Brimfield today....Sunderland next week....Savoy................hey does anyone know how to get to Clarksburg?" :lol:

THE ABOVE HUMOR WAS PAID FOR BY THE COMMITTEE ON FUNNY AFFAIRS :wink:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
The Brimfield Lt is a patrolman in Charlton??? :s Who delivers the mail....the fire chief???

where is that damn deliverance icon!

Wait

I solved the problem. Let's create a "circuit chief's" position like the circuit judges of the 1800's wild west. He could ride through town once a month and preside over business....."Brimfield today....Sunderland next week....Savoy................hey does anyone know how to get to Clarksburg?" :lol:

THE ABOVE HUMOR WAS PAID FOR BY THE COMMITTEE ON FUNNY AFFAIRS :wink:
You gotta love a Town (Brimfield) that spends only 1% of its town budget on Police Services.

·
1,334 Posts
You gotta love a Town (Brimfield) that spends only 1% of its town budget on Police Services.[/quo

Thats horrible. How about spending taxes to help keep the town SAFE! :uc:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Thats horrible. How about spending taxes to help keep the town SAFE! :uc:
I agree, I live in the next town over and at the end of an article (re: the PD) it said that the Police Departments Budget was 1.2% of the Town Budget. Truly disgusting!! It's all a matter of time until crime increases dramatically there unless they fix it. The main roadway is Route 20 and with only 4 part-timers, it's become a Race way.... At least before the big "Firing" or whatever you want to call it, they had a larger staff.

BPD747, How many guys did you have BEFORE??

·
Registered
89 Posts
There were 18 total officers. 10 patrolmen and 8 auxilliary.

Yes four officers and a Chief.

1 Chief
1 Lieutenant
3 Officers

And last but not least....

The SCABS from Wales Police Department. I believe thier names are....

Suttcliffe
Charette
Ullery
McCarthy
:roll:

Sometimes the name says it all.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I know... the last post for this topic was months ago but... I just wanted to say something on behalf of the new Chief. I went to the reserve academy with him and graduated in April 05'. From my perspective he is a very experienced, smart, and overall good guy.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
209";p="67256 said:
I know... the last post for this topic was months ago but... I just wanted to say something on behalf of the new Chief. I went to the reserve academy with him and graduated in April 05'. From my perspective he is a very experienced, smart, and overall good guy.

I don't think there is really any personal issues with Chief Kuss, but more or less (MORE!) with the board of select'idiots... But hiring him without Mass certification was also a big fuc% up! And the issue with Wales PD is that while all other departments refused to cross the line and cover details or assist, Wales PD jumped right in and helped cover Brimfield. While Brimfield never actually became "Unionized", it was still considered a picket line by others - and they did not cross it, except Wales PD.

And how can the town be satisfied or served sufficiently after being reduced from 18 police Officers down to 4 is beyond me. If I was a resident in that town, I would be pissed!

As I Live and working in that area, it blows my mind how fast people drive through that town... Trust me, I tend to speed sometimes myself, but some of those motorists downright scare me... but then again many people know that most days (in Brimfield) there is no one on duty until a certain hour... How can you have 24/7 coverage with 5 part-timers? and with like a $40,000 budget? Tons of drugs in that area!... Sad, very sad. If I'm off base on anything, maybe WBPD628 can shed some light...

·
Registered
89 Posts
RPD931,

It's been awhile!

As usual, I couldn’t agree with you more. The problem was not with the Chief, it was with the selectboobs from that town. Chief Kuss actually recommended all of the officers back, however, the SelectBOOBS decided to only mention the ones THEY wanted back (THANKS FOR THE CHECK BRIMFIELD). Let me just add...When I use the word SelectBOOBS, I'm only referring to Brimfield. I actually work for a town that has respectable people on the board and have a good relationship and respect for the police department.

WALES.... What can I say...? The names speak for themselves. What killed me was that two of the officers actually stated that they supported us, but I soon found out at the same time they were begging the town for a job while we were on the picket line.

Oh, Did I say THANK YOU FOR THE CHECK BRIMFIELD???? :lol: :lol:

Be Safe!

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
As WBPD628 also stated, I too work for a PD that has a board of Selectmen that have more than half a brain unlike Brimfield. As WBPD628 and I both work near Brimfield (different PD's though, however mutual aid works well :wink: ) its amazing how much Brimfield is in a different world than every town around them. Brimfield lost a lot of good Police Officers during that fuc% up!

If you get a chance to work in Brimfield, think twice. The board is so twisted it's sickening. Brimfield: "Public Safety...? What's that?" And if you do get a job there, don't even bother writing a resident a ticket - they'll just get it fixed.... at least that's what I've heard.

But good news, I hear their detail pay has skyrocketed to about $24/hr now :shock: WTF? Cheap pricks... But hey, since Police Coverage there is minimal, I hear the Speed limit is about 75 MPH through town now..

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.