Bridgewater State-Campus Police Officer I | MassCops

Bridgewater State-Campus Police Officer I

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by Tango_Sierra, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

https://jobs.bridgew.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1419004054506

Position Title Campus Police Officer I (Anticipated Vacancies)
    Requisition Number 2861
    Job Description Campus Police Officer I
    (Full-time, 12-month AFSCME position)
    Tour of Duty and Schedule: TBD
    Area of Assignment: Campus Wide

Patrols campus buildings and adjacent areas, direct traffic and parking, and controls visitor access. Investigates accidents, thefts, etc. Provides security at campus functions and during the transport of university monies. Prepare reports on accidents and other incidents, and performs related duties, as required. See also State Job Specifications, available in the Office of Human Resources, or online at http://www.bridgew.edu/HR/JobSpecs/.

Applicants must be able to demonstrate employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

This is an AFSCME unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement
    Required Minimum Qualifications Ability to deal with students, employees and the public; ability to prepare written reports and to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to exercise sound judgment; ability to gather information by examining records and documents; ability to utilize investigative techniques; and ability to stand/walk for prolonged periods of time. Previous experience in campus law enforcement or security and knowledge of police procedures, fire prevention methods and emergency medical procedures preferred.

Appointed individuals will be required to attend and successfully complete a training program equivalent to that required for Municipal Police officers within the Commonwealth, within one year from the date of appointment. This requirement, however, will be based on the availability and dates of training classes. Completion of the probationary period is contingent upon completion of police academy training and there is a minimum service requirement, employees so trained are required to refund the cost of such training at the time of separation.

Must have a valid Massachusetts driver's license.

See also State Job Specifications, available in the Office of Human Resources, or online at http://www.bridgew.edu/HR/JobSpecs/.
    Preferred Qualifications
    Special Instructions to Applicants
    Items other than resume or letter of interest that applicants must submit *This position is subject to a background check. Applicants must be prepared to provide original documents listed below:

* Birth Certificate
    * Citizenship Documents (naturalized citizen)
    * Social Security Card
    * High School Diploma
    * University Diploma
    * Valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License
    * License to Carry a Firearm
    * CPR Certification
    * First Responder or EMT Certification
    * Police Academy Certificates (as applicable)
    * Military DD 214 (if applicable)
    * Selective Service Registration Card
    * Most recent semi-automatic firearms qualification
    * Most recent Straight/Expandable Baton certification
    * Most recent chemical agent/organic spray certification
    * Any other professional training documents candidates wish
    to have considered
    Eligible Applicants All (Internal and External candidates)
    Department Campus Police
    Pay Rate (Applicant View) $1,574.19 (Grade 16, Step 1)
    Pay Basis Bi-Weekly
    Job Open Date 12-18-2014
    Job Close Date Open Until Filled
    Job Category Classified
    Application Types Accepted Classified Application
    QuickLink jobs.bridgew.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56716

HoneyBadger1 likes this.
  2. felony

felony MassCops Member

I believe they will send to MPOC. From their Facebook, it seems as though they have a lot of vehicles and gear. Far more then most colleges of that size.

HoneyBadger1 likes this.
  3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

You have to work there a few years before they send you mpoc and you sign a contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpd61 likes this.
  4. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

It looks like they are going internally again according to their Facebook.

tsunami likes this.
  5. Joe1231913

Joe1231913 MassCops Member

Did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. districtcircus12

districtcircus12 MassCops Member

squared away Dept.

mtc likes this.
  7. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

Saw one of their vehicles recently at a training. It had blue municipal police license plates. Only campus PD I've ever seen with those plates.

Joel98 and HoneyBadger1 like this.
  8. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

Framingham State also have municipal plates in their cruisers!!! Looking good

Attached Files:

fscpd907 and Joel98 like this.
  9. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Municipal plates on a state vehicle? Almost as confusing as the SSPO issue

samadam78, pahapoika, Joel98 and 2 others like this.
  10. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

The UMass departments are going that route also, well, some of the vehicles. Must be a transitional period.

11. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

I agree, it is confusing, and extremely inconsistent. Springfield tech community college and holyoke community college have the standard state plates.

mpd61 likes this.
  12. felony

felony MassCops Member

How can a State College vehicle receive plates, reserved for police vehicles belonging to a municipality? Its a state run/funded college and is a state owned vehicle. That makes as much sense as saying, I can slap on RI State Police plates on my cruiser because I live in the State of Rhode Island. I guess if sheriffs in MA can have municipal police plates, why not campus cops.

samadam78, mpd61 and Joel98 like this.
  13. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Have you seen police plates in MA? While the prefix for the plate on the registration is MP (which is not on the plate, by the way) they say Police of the left side, Official on the bottom, and Massachusette on the top. They do not say municipal anywhere on the plate.

Personally I don't think it's a bad idea because it lets folks with any confusion know that it is a police vehicle rather than just one owned by the state. Massachusetts State Police plates are a completely different animal.

Edmizer1 likes this.
  14. mpd61

BTW...Chief Dave Tillinghast is my hero, because he said long ago; "FUCK SSPO!!!!!!!!!!

mtc, pahapoika and Goose like this.
  15. felony

felony MassCops Member

I am aware on Massachusetts police plates, it does not say municipal on the plate. However, the plates are reserved for municipal police vehicles. RI is the same, it is a light blue plate, with police on the left side with ocean state at the top and Rhode Island at the bottom, reserved for Municipal/City police vehicles. If slapping light blue plates on your cruiser, makes you feel like that much more of a cop, then do it.

16. Hoppy12

Hoppy12 MassCops Member

Long time lurker. First time poster. R/I and Mptc. Currently full-time.

What are you ranting about. Municipal plates are on dpw/town hall etc vehicles. Municipal plates done make a car any more cop than they do it a dump truck. And BSU doesn't need blue plates to be cops. They are mostly Mptc trained ( fuck sspo..right? ... I'm not sure how that joke works...) And cross sworn to Bridgewater town. Would state plates ( since they are state employees and Leos) remove that hair across your ass or would you rant on about that?

Goose likes this.
  17. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

Brown university police has RI police plates...

Kilvinsky likes this.
  18. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It appears that we are officially circling the Masscops thread derailment wagons...not over SSPO, but over police license plates on patrol vehicles.

That's a first.

19. new guy

new guy Subscribing Member

As a parent, you may think differently if they were to get a positive hit on a wanted person or a stolen vehicle being operated by a violent fugitive camped outside of the resident halls. Just sayn'.

20. mpd61

But you have to admit.......they are similar in nature!:D

pahapoika likes this.
  21. mpd61

My lady, you need to get some rest now, it has been a long week

22. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Nothing like that ever happens on a college campus. Those cops should be out locking doors or giving students rides instead of running plates.

23. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

brown118[1].jpg
    And you know something, I don't think any grown ups give a shit they're doing this.

pahapoika, Joel98, mtc and 2 others like this.
  24. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member

Boston park rangers cars have blue lights and sirens. Anyone wanna fight about it?

Kilvinsky, Goose and pahapoika like this.
  25. felony

felony MassCops Member

Oh, here we go. First off, I don't care what plates you have on your cruiser. What I was pointing out, was the fact that if the DMV has a regulation for your vehicle, to have a specific plate, then put it on your car. If the DMV has decided that any law enforcement agency, can put whatever plates they want on their vehicles, then congratulations.

Joel98 likes this.