Titusville, FL 32780
Phone: (321) 264-5308
Website address: www.brevardsheriff.com
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Position: Deputy Sheriff
Starting Salary: $36,000
Educational Requirements: High School Graduate

Qualifications and Information:
Brevard County is a dynamic, high tech, diverse community with a population of approximately 520,000 residents and the Brevard County Sheriff's Office is looking for bright, enthusiastic candidates to be a part of our team.

Brevard is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the St. John's River with the Indian River Lagoon that runs the entire length of the county. Brevard is also known as Florida's Space Coast, home of the Kennedy Space Center, as well as the surfing capital of the East Coast and residents and visitors alike enjoy world-class fishing, boating and an abundance of golf courses. Brevard is also home to the second busiest port in the world, Port Canaveral. Major land conservation areas are available to enjoy hiking, kayaking, windsurfing and many other outdoor activities. Brevard Public Schools rank in the highest in the State, also there are numerous private and charter schools available.

The Brevard County Sheriff's Office has 500+ sworn officers.

Salary Incentives: Assignment pay for specialized units. State Educational Degree Incentive (Associates Degree $30/mth, Bachelor's Degree $80/mth, Masters Degree $100/mth); Career Development Incentive (Up to $130).

Benefits: Civil Service Promotional System; college tuition reimbursement (75% to 100% depending upon grade achieved); 12 days annual leave, 12 days sick leave, 11 holidays; Florida Retirement System 100% (6 year vestment); Health and life insurance for employee (Vision, Dental, and Family Plan are available through payroll deduction); uniforms, leather and, semi-automatic weapon furnished as well as a take home vehicle.

Career Opportunities: Uniform patrol, K-9, Criminal Investigations, Bomb Squad, S.W.A.T., Dive Team, Fugitive Warrants, Civil Process, Court Security, D.A.R.E., School Resource Officer, Community Relations, Rapid Deployment Force.

Must be at least 19 years of age, high school diploma or equivalent, U.S. citizen, Armed Forces members must have an honorable discharge, must be Florida certified or enrolled in a accredited academy, successfully pass a background investigation with the pre-employment testing to include a polygraph, psychological exam, physical examination, physical abilities test, and drug screen. Brevard County Sheriff's Office is a Drug Free Workplace/Equal Opportunity Employer.

Please contact our office for a recruitment package today by the phone number or email address listed above and we will be more than happy to mail the package to you.

Ad Expires 1/31/09

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Th heat in Fla is brutal, especially with a vest on..I moved there in 2000 for 8 months and couldnt take it, I need the changing seasons..if your cold you can always add a layer, you can only take off so much before your charged...

·
Subscribing Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its all what you make of it. I hated the snow, cold and season change, so I moved to FLA and I love the weather. But it's not for everyone. I'll still only visit MA in July or August and I don't miss the season changes at all.

When I moved here, my take home pay when up, it's all relative.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
After about a year or so, I got used to the heat. Now when I go back to MA, regardless of what season it is, I freeze to death. Your body will adjust eventually. You just have to give it time. On a side note, Brevard County is about 30 minutes from my house, and there are alot of great places to live out there. I wouldn't mind living there eventually myself...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts