BREAKING NEWS: A Yarmouth police officer has been shot on Cape Cod | Page 2 | MassCops

BREAKING NEWS: A Yarmouth police officer has been shot on Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Apr 12, 2018.

1. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Just awful, RIP Sir.

2. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

Horrible, and tragic rip brother. Your in my daily prayers.

I'm always bothered when we loose one of our own but this one is really killing me. Tragically like Off. Tarentino before him and others who come to mind, this death was at the hands of a shit bag with 100+ on the bop, free because of our failed and weak justice system. As not only a brother l.e. but as a taxpayer i am revolted more and more each day.

I blame not only the murderer, but the judges, our weak laws and politics that are a direct result that led to this career criminal out on the streets. Its just too common. We see in with cases in our courts we work in every day. It is time for it to change. It must. It' time for the judges and pols to step up and do their jobs. Their so worried about being correct for the sheeple. Well, we're a large group, step up and protect us, it' s us with our unions and departments we need to have a voice and a vote. They need to be reminded of this. Time for term limits.

I think we as a group of brothers and sisters in this Commonwealth need to band to facilitate this change . 'Im heartbroken and appalled that we're here again.

PBC FL Cop, Kilvinsky, DNorth and 6 others like this.
  3. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

4. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

5. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I've been telling people to start writing. I e-mailed my reps, the governor and AG. I'm not holding my breath for a response, but maybe if enough of us start making noise they will do something. It's time to hold judges accountable when they don't uphold the law of the Commonwealth and when they bow to outside "social justice" pressures.

6. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

It's more important for them to wage war on the 2nd Amendment than be hard on actual crimes and career criminals.

pahapoika, Kilvinsky, kdk240 and 2 others like this.
  7. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

RIP PO Gannon, our hearts and prayers are with YPD and the Gannon family. Prayers are also for K9 Nero who served heroically with PO Gannon in the face of danger.

Kilvinsky, kdk240 and kwflatbed like this.
  8. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Gofund page set up for the Officer Sean Gannon family was up 96,000+ this morning.

I hope his K-9 partner Nero is doing better. Brave pup made it through the surgery yesterday.

HistoryHound and kwflatbed like this.
  9. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I found out last night that a very good friend of mine was one of those working on Sean Gannon when he went to CCH. I have been very close with him and his wife for many years and know what a dedicated and caring man he is. If HE couldn't save Officer Gannon, no one but God himself could and apparently God needed a good K-9 Officer in Heaven.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    FTH, GARDA, HistoryHound and 3 others like this.
  10. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

I think it was best summed up by the YPD Chief when he said "Still grappling with the disbelief of seeing my officer laying there, being worked on. It was difficult. I just can’t believe it happened.”

Kilvinsky and PBC FL Cop like this.
  11. RodneyFarva

From Yarmouth's FB page. 04/14/18 @ 16:28
    BOLD AS A LION

Good Morning!

Less than 48 hours ago, a coward took the life of one of our Police Officers.

The attack stunned us and brought to our knees…

We would like all of our supporters to know that we are resilient and we stand strong, proud, and committed and nothing will ever keep us down or stop us from serving and protecting the people of our community…and each other.

The name of person who attacked our beloved Police Officer Sean Gannon, and our innocent Police dog K9 Nero, will never be uttered in our building or in any of our Media Releases or Facebook posts.

We only refer to him as 125...which stands for the number of prior criminal charges he has on his Board of Probation criminal record in Massachusetts.

The Massachusetts Criminal Justice System has let us down and failed to protect our community and our Yarmouth Police Department.

Our organization is pushing forward as we have broken families to support—a community who loves us—and coward known as 125 behind bars who has earned the death penalty.

The men and women of the Yarmouth Police Department remain steadfast to our commitment to excellence in policing and we invite all people—from all walks of life—and all over our nation—to stand strong together with us at our Candlelight Vigil held hear on the grounds of Yarmouth Police Department Headquarters—the home of Yarmouth Police Officer Sean M. Gannon and K9 Nero—tonight at 7PM.

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Funeral services for fallen Yarmouth K9 police officer Sean Gannon set

HYANNIS, Mass. —

Thousands of friends, family, and fellow police officers and first responders are expected to attend a final farewell for a beloved officer killed in the line of duty.

Services for Yarmouth K9 police officer Sean Gannon have been set by the family.

Related Content
    The wake for Gannon is scheduled from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday at St. Pius X Church on Barbara Street in South Yarmouth.

Massachusetts State Police said a law enforcement walk-by will be held at 5:30 p.m.

His funeral will be held Wednesday at 11 a.m. also at St. Pius X Church in South Yarmouth.

Funeral services for fallen Yarmouth K9 police officer Sean Gannon set

13. kwflatbed

14. RodneyFarva

The wake is Tuesday April 17, 2018 1600-2000
    Law enforcement walk by is at 1730. Report to staging area no later than 1630. Staging area is Dennis Yarmouth regional high school 210 Station ave South Yarmouth. Uniform is duty uniform with black mourning band per Yarmouth PD

The funeral is Wednesday April 18, 2018 1100
    Staging area is Dennis Yarmouth regional high school 210 Station ave South Yarmouth. Uniform is class A dress with black mourning band per Yarmouth PD

Kilvinsky and Jumpstreet like this.
  15. Kilvinsky

Thank you for that Info. I was unable to find it otherwise and didn't want to be driving around Yarmouth all day after work without finding it. God Bless ya, RodneyFarva.

I have a feeling I'll be there quite early (0900 or so). Better than panic and wondering where I'll park, etc.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Jumpstreet and RodneyFarva like this.
  16. kwflatbed

17. kwflatbed

18. Kilvinsky

Hell of a turnout. My first in years, well, FIVE years and for another guy named Sean. I missed many in the past (Attended many as well) but it's always gratifying to be there when I attend. It's a family gathering. There's kidding going on in the rows, there's anger, hurt, all those things, but when it's appropriate, every single Officer there shows the proper respect and somberness the occasion calls for.

The media does a nice job, but not a great job of covering these funerals. They make it sound like we're all standing there crying which is not true and it is NOT a reflection on the sadness of the event and how it impacts us all, it's that, we're still human and who here hasn't been to a wake or funeral where there isn't a sudden outbreak of laughter somewhere.

Where I was standing, we had perfectly formed rows. As the service commenced those rows slowly started to drift apart as folks used the restrooms, drifted over to chat with someone they maybe hadn't seen in a bit or maybe just needed to walk around a bit. But when we were called back to formation, I would guess 80% were where they started. Not bad and we looked good, and all that without someone lining us up.

We take these matters VERY seriously but I'm glad we can relax and be ourselves. I see it as the best way to deal with tragedy without going into a real depression.

HistoryHound, FTH, Drebbin and 2 others like this.