BREAKING NEWS: A Yarmouth police officer has been shot on Cape Cod | MassCops

BREAKING NEWS: A Yarmouth police officer has been shot on Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Apr 12, 2018.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. kwflatbed

3. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Oh no way! Hang in there!

4. kwflatbed

Suspect now in custody.

5. kwflatbed

6. kwflatbed

7. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

RIP Sir, we'll take it from here.

8. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry!

9. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

10. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

RIP SIR!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11. kwflatbed

[​IMG]

Condolences to the family of blood and blue of Officer Sean Gannon of the Yarmouth Police Department.

12. Drebbin

Drebbin MassCops Member

Rest in peace.

13. Kenny

Kenny MassCops Member

Damn. RIP.

14. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob MassCops Member

RIP brother

15. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

16. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Fair awknds and Following Seas, Brother. Wait for your pup.

17. kwflatbed

18. kwflatbed

19. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Condolences to my brothers and sisters in blue there in Mass. May Sean rest in peace.

BlueknightLA likes this.
  20. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

RIP Brother.

And still we don't have a law in which you go away for life after 3 violent felonies and probably never will. Disgraceful. Lots of "HOW COULD THIS BEs" will be shouted, but NOTHING will get done. Very sad day in Mass.

21. kwflatbed

Suspect accused of killing Yarmouth officer had history of criminal offenses
    Updated: Apr 12, 2018 - 11:25 PM

BARNSTABLE, Mass. – The suspect accused of shooting and killing a Yarmouth police officer was arrested after a standoff with police and has a long criminal history.

Police say officer Sean Gannon and two others were serving an arrest warrant to Thomas Latanowich when he opened fire upon them from the attic of a home in the Marstons Mills village of Barnstable.

>>RELATED: Officer dies after being shot while serving warrant on Cape Cod

According to a source, the warrant being served was for a probation violation related to several firearms violations. He was out on bail from Middlesex County at the time.

The warrant was being served around 3:30 p.m., but Latanowich spent two hours barricaded in the home before being taken into custody

Suspect accused of killing Yarmouth officer had history of criminal offenses

22. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

My deepest sympathy to his family and fellow officers.

23. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

So tragic. Rest In Peace brother

24. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

R.I.P. Yet another taken from us.

25. kwflatbed

Prayers for Nero, an update on K9 Nero

[​IMG]
    Dennis Veterinary Hospital
    2 hrs·
    Update on Nero, with permission from Peter Mclelland, to give an accurate update since there are so many false reports circulating. Nero was shot in the face and neck and will require surgery most likely today.

He was stabilized by the Cape regional SWAT team in the field and taken to an emergency facility last night where he was further stabilized with outstanding care and spent the night.

He was successfully transferred to the Surgical facility (I'm leaving out names so they don't have to answer a million phone calls today). He is stable but not out of the woods. The surgeon will be making a plan this morning to correct some of his injuries.
    I've been in contact with the vets caring for him multiple times overnight with the last update at 8 AM FRI morning.

Peter for that matter - it should not surprise you, has not left Nero's side for a minute all night, and remains with him rubbing his head this morning, with no plans of leaving his side today. Those that know Peter - this is not a surprise.

My heart goes out to all the YPD, Gannon family, Cape SWAT and all our amazing officers. I'll miss Sean. He was a role model in every way. God Bless.
    I'll post another update later today.