Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

#Breaking: Maine Sheriff's Deputy Shot, Killed During Store Robbery

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  kwflatbed 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#8 ·
I saw this on the news. I wonder how they KNOW he's willing to talk?

Dirtbag. Let HIM do the talking. I'm holding out for them finding his half eaten carcass.

#9 ·
Suspect In Maine Deputy's Killing Captured Alive
April 28, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Filed Under:Eugene Cole,John Williams,Local TV,Maine,Officer Killed

NORRIDGEWOCK, Maine (CBS/AP) - Just minutes after reading an emotional plea from the wife of a slain Maine deputy sheriff, police announced that his suspected killerhas been captured alive.

John Williams. (Image Credit: Maine State Police)

Police had been searching for29-year-old John Williamssince early Wednesday morning, when they say heshot and killed Somerset County Cpl. Eugene Cole. Since then there was an intense manhunt in and around the heavily wooded rural community of Norridgewock, about 60 miles west of Bangor.

Cpl. Eugene Cole. (Image Credit: Augusta Police)

At noon on Saturday, police read a statement from Cole's wife urging Williams to come forward. Just 43 minute later, police made contact with Williams and arrested him.

No further details are currently available.

Suspect In Maine Deputy's Killing Captured Alive

Comments

#11 ·
Unfortunately he's still breathing which means a judge or parole board at some point can let him back out. The other day I heard some "expert" make the comment that judges and parole boards shouldn't be blamed for these wastes of DNA because there's no way to predict what they will do. Ummmm....... Yeah it's not a stock prospectus. Past behavior IS an indicator of future behavior.

#12 ·
Should be played for EVERY LOD that happens. Such a sad, yet inspirational song. Very appropriate for EVERY LEO who dies in the line of duty.

#13 · (Edited)
Not long after 9-11 I was heading into work and this song came on. I got lost in the meaning of the song and how good it was (it had been used as tribute on one of the many tribute shows for those first responders who died) that I just didn't realize how fast I was going. A Trooper pulled me over on 93N and advised me as to how fast I was going. We chatted and Off I went. But this song has NEVER left me emotionally. It should never leave ANY of us.

I always liked this song, but when it was DEDICATED to those lost on that day, it took on a special meaning for me and has never lost that. I admit to tearing up every time I listen to it. It's THAT good a song, especially if you apply the underlining message.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.