Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandeis

7K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  Irishpride 
mpd61 @ 15 Aug 2004 18:23 said:
Bottom line is you are happy at Brandeis making good $$$. Just don't sling mud on other Campus POLICE officers who are happy doing MORE than you DO for LESS$$$.
I don't think that he is "slinging mud" on anyone. If you look back, this post was started by people sh*ting on Brandeis.

Posted 15 Aug 2004 19:49:

Wannabe1 @ 11 Aug 2004 07:51 said:
[(Off campus arrests where you have no jurisdiction is just one example of what will will ruin your career).This happens ALOT at alot of CAMPUS police depts.
I agree. I used to work for a college in the back bay area whose officers would do this all the time. They would go off property and look for trouble. It was a liability waiting to happen. That was the main reason I left there.

FSCPD902 @ 18 Aug 2004 00:14 said:
Wannabe--yeah people may think of us as those "security guys" but it is the mentality of people like you that make them think that. You should have pride in your job and believe you are the police officer that you are and not just agree with the boneheads that call us Security. :BM:
The fact is Wannabe is 100% correct. Campus Police Officers will never be viewed on the same level as a municipal police officer. I think Wannabe actually understands that. There are however, those who will never understand that. I would guess that campus police officers at colleges such as MIT, BU, and Harvard are probably also viewed as "Security". If you can not accept it you should get out of Campus Law Enforcement.

FSCPD902 @ 18 Aug 2004 23:10 said:
Wannabe
Since you have so much time on your hands being a well paid lazy bum at Brandeis not wanting to do real police work because "it will ruin your career" why don't you go ahead and stimulate your lazy brain by updating your Department's website. :-k
Maybe that is not his responsibility :roll:

Ok lets get a few things straight. Campus "police" work is not and never will be equivalent to municipal police work. End of story. Anyone who thinks different is just fooling themselves. Campus "police" is campus police anywhere you go, the same sh*t happens. Campus police is just a bullsh*t job that most of us use while we are waiting for a real police job. Those of you who are 35+ and still dreaming that your town will call you....I have news for you, Its not going to happen. You might want to consider going back to college and changing careers. And to those of you who are content being 35+ and still working at a college, good luck convincing people that you are a "real" cop. It should tell you something when you need to convince you own family that "you are a cop". I did campus police work for a while and I got tired putting on that uniform, looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself I was a cop.

Posted 25 Aug 2004 07:05:

mpd61 @ 24 Aug 2004 19:21 said:
Yeah like how my agency does Ch. 90 and carries firearms, oh but you don't shoot forgot about that!

Bottom Line is Brandeis is not the premier agency in CAMPUS law enforcement, and you are arguably in the same bracket. Just keep proving it.....................................
:L:
Posted 24 Aug 2004 14:24:

GIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in here and shut us off.............PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shock:
1- So because you carry a gun and can make a MV stop you feel more like a cop? :roll: You still work for a campus.

2- Nobody ever said that Brandies was the "premier" agency. There is no such thing when talking about campus police.

3- Oh boo hoo hoo, "Get in here and shut us off" becasue I can't take it. Mommy please make them stop insulting my job, I am a real cop really I am.

Posted 25 Aug 2004 07:12:

fscpd903 @ 24 Aug 2004 21:15 said:
We are not talking about one campus being better than another anymore, now the argument is the fact that some people obviously think COLLEGE Police work is not "real" like a town cop. I work as a full time cop at a college and part time in a town and I am just as busy at the college with "real police work." Maybe your department doesnt respond to domestics, fights, drug investigations, sexual assaults, and other "real" police calls, but we do, and I know many other College PD's do, so don't generalize and say College Police work isnt like real police work!
Really? You are very busy at the college? Huh? According to your colleges Jean Clery Act your department is not that busy. Unless you are talking about all of those big bad liquor violations you guys dealt with. Wow that sure is REAL police work.

Posted 25 Aug 2004 07:20:

FSCPD902 @ 21 Aug 2004 16:25 said:
I am sorry John J you must be right...when there is a domestic assault or rape on Campus it is totally different then when it is in a town...how dumb of me to think it was the same...
I am sorry what is it you do over there again? Are you one of the six patrolmen or are you one of the five Reserve officer / Dispatchers. You are a Reserve Campus Police officer aren't you? That would explain a lot. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.