Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 54 Posts

· Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have some insight on Brandeis Univ. PD? I know there were some old threads here, mostly negative. Anything change? Any additional insights?

· Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wannabe--yeah people may think of us as those "security guys" but it is the mentality of people like you that make them think that. You should have pride in your job and believe you are the police officer that you are and not just agree with the boneheads that call us Security. :BM:
Absolutely correct!!! I also work "on-call" at a Campus PD, and the Director there is VERY GOOD about correcting students, staff AND administration when they refer to us as "Security" or "Campus Safety". He lets them know we are Police Officers. He corrects people in person, on the phone and in email. "Campus POLICE" will help you with that... To me it doesn't really matter, as it's just a part-time gig for me and I work for a town PD, but it really matters to the full-time guys and it's good he sticks up for them.
Thats just good work, respect and loyalty from the director, who himself is by no means an experienced Police Officer - formally a Bus Co. Manager.. shhh, don't ask. But he is a great guy and respects what our department is and recognizes the importance of "Campus Police". He is very good at finding common ground with Administration and the Officers.

Perception is everything!! If you let them treat you like "security guy" or act like it, that's what you're going to get - the "Security" treament. Don't be afraid to let them know you are "Police Officers". If someone calls and asks "can security let me in to XXXX?" say "no, we don't have Security here, would you like Campus Police?" It actually works quite well...

Now only if every Director/Chief could be like that... :wink:

1 - 2 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.