Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Responsibilities Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Public Safety and the Duty Shift Sergeant, the University Police Officer will patrol University buildings, grounds, and adjacent areas, and enforce the Commonwealth of Massachusetts laws and University regulations therein. She/he will project an image of willing and helpful community service in the interest of campus security, crime prevention, and the general well being. Qualifications Requires a high school diploma and two years experience in police patrol techniques or equivalent, preferably in a University setting. Also requires a valid Massachusetts vehicle operator's license, valid certification documentation of both American Red Cross or equivalent First Aid and CPR, and successful completion of the MA State Police Academy. How To Apply Please apply directly at http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs.php. Choose to apply as an "External Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now. Closing Statement Brandeis University operates under an affirmative action plan and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and special disabled and Vietnam-era and other eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, Vietnam-era Veteran, special disabled veteran and other eligible veterans, or on the basis of any other legally protected category.

Does anyone know the pay rate?

·
Registered
153 Posts
i wonder if they are suggesting in the language of the job description that they will pay for one to attend the MA SPA. then it'd be worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a pretty good job, typical headaches...
Pay started under 17 a few years ago, it's more now that they are armed...I had to quit about 2 years ago...couldn't take Callahan calling us "security guards" behind our backs anymore.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
It's a pretty good job, typical headaches...
Pay started under 17 a few years ago, it's more now that they are armed...I had to quit about 2 years ago...couldn't take Callahan calling us "security guards" behind our backs anymore.
I heard that about him. Atleats now they would be "Security Gaurds" with guns. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts