1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Aug 09, 2008 @ 02:00 AM

BRAINTREE -
A Braintree woman has been arrested on drunken-driving charges after police said she crashed a car into another vehicle she owns that was parked in front of her home.
Joan M. Curtis, 49, is charged with drunken driving as a second offense and leaving the scene of an accident.
Police said a motorist reported a vehicle being driven erratically near Liberty and Stetson streets Thursday afternoon.
When officers Paul Hamilton and Robert McDonough searched the area, they found Curtis' Plymouth Voyager had crashed into the rear of a Honda Element.
Curtis, who had minor injuries, was lying in the street and had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath, police said.
Police said Curtis, who refused medical treatment, couldn't stand up without help.
She was unable to perform any sobriety tests and was arrested.
The witness told police she had to swerve to the side of the road to avoid a head on crash with Curtis who drove her car over the centerline on Stetson Street.
Police said Curtis then turned onto Liberty Street and lost control of her vehicle, which jumped the curb and went over the sidewalk before crashing into the hedges of a Liberty Street home and then into the parked Honda that she also owns.

http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x...n-charged-with-second-offense-drunken-driving

G

·
I swear the Braintree PD has a full-time liasion to the Pious Ledger. Really; I'm glad a repeat drunk driver was taken off the road, but is this really worthy of a news story?? :confused:

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
I just took a huge dump; I better send out a press release, since the Ledger is so interested in my personal life.
~ The Patriot Ledger ~

QUINCY- QPD Union Head, Bruce Tait in another display of shameless insensitivity substituted the word "dump" for bowel movement. When reached for comment on the unemployment line, former Chief Robert Crowley was visibly offended and shook his head in disbelief.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts