Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOSTON (WBZ) ― Tom Brady says he doesn't know if he'll play in the Patriots final pre-season game Thursday, but he'll be ready for the season opener.

Brady hasn't played in any of the Patriots pre-season games - all Patriot losses - because of a right foot injury.

He told WEEI's "Dennis and Callahan" Monday that he's still waiting to hear from head coach Bill Belichick about his status for Thursday's final exhibition game against the New York Giants in New Jersey.

Asked if he's worried about starting the season without taking any snaps in the pre-season, Brady said no.

"I'll be ready no matter what. I was hoping I could play last week (against Philadelphia), coach made the decision not to have me play. We'll see what the plan is for this week. I'm not sure," he said.

"If I don't play, I'll be ready for Kansas City."

The Patriots open the regular season against the Chiefs at Gillette Stadium Sunday, Sept. 7.

Brady was last season's NFL MVP as he led the Patriots to the Super Bowl and an 18-and-1 record.

http://wbztv.com/sports/patriots/tom.brady.new.2.802600.html

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brady ready to play in Patriots' opener

Updated: Sep 1, 2008 03:09 PM EDT

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - Tom Brady is ready to play in the New England Patriots' opener but stopped short Monday of saying he would. Brady, who has a right foot injury, didn't play in any of four exhibition games although he said he could have.
Brady noted he practiced from almost the entire preseason. But he said the coaches decided he wasn't going to play in the preseason games, and he said he was fine with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts