Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering info on the Boston Police cadets, does anyone have any information on them? Website etc?

Any help would be awsome.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I'm too old for the cadets now, but the way I remember it is that BPD gives a separate exam for cadets and you have to be under 25 to take it. They usually put out notices; I would try to contact BPD Human Resources for more info.

Oh yeah, and they get paid poo.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Yes, for all City of Boston jobs as a new employee you would have to be a resident.

I know they have their own union, but as I recall a few years back I think they only get paid like $8.00 or $9.00 an hour.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Dunngeon, I can give you info on the BPD cadet test. I grew up in the City and have several family members on BPD. I asked my cousin who is in Special Ops how I would get info on the test a few years ago. I was told that the job was created to help sneak political appointments, like Captains kids in the door. I was also told that they announce the test in a tiny 2 sentence spot in a small paper so nobody will see it. Also if you call BPD they will always tell you they do not have a test coming up( a lie)
What I was told to do (5 years ago), and I did was call BPD once a week for nearly a year and ask - when is the cadet test. Finally after being told there was no test coming up 100 times they gave me a date and sent me the paper work. I took the test, along with about 30 other people. The test is a joke, about 25 questions. I then recieved my results (passed). That is right, not 95%, not 98%, (passed). This is so they can pick who they want, and I never got a call because I did not have enough juice. Also the age limit used to be 23, until Menino's stupid kid could not pass the civil service Police test and they raised it to his son's age 25. So I guess what I am telling you is call them once a week and make all the political phone calls you can, because after being a cadet for two years you get total preference on the civil service list.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was a resident of boston a couple years ago but not now, thanks for the info I will call anyway and see what I can do. Going to call monday found the # to call.

·
Registered
102 Posts
as i recall the bpd cadets mostly type up reports for the officers to save them time,im a cadet in mass. The prefrence on the civil service is good considering it just passed.If you need any additional info just write and ill tell you some things. take care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.