Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent 8 hours photocopying other peoples med records and that is what my job will be until my surgery.

Compared to waht i used to do my life just took a 180.... How depressing!

EOD Community Overview

EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL

Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technicians (EOD) locate, identify, render safe and explosively dispose of foreign and domestic ordnance including conventional, chemical, biological, nuclear, underwater, and terrorists type devices enabling access during military operations in support of Carrier and Expeditionary Strike Groups, Mine Countermeasures, Naval Special Warfare, and Army Special Forces. Provide training and assistance for military, federal, state, and local civilian law enforcement agencies in Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection procedures. Support and conduct ordnance related intelligence collection and counter-terrorism operations. Operate, maintain and repair specialized EOD and combat equipment. Maintain required forms, records, correspondence, and files. Duties include performing and supervising open and closed circuit SCUBA diving, explosive demolitions, parachuting, tactical delivery and extraction by unconventional insertion methods and small arms proficiency.

God I hope this injury doesn't prevent me from getting on the job!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kttref said:
Man you must be miserable. I wish they just let you out already! When's the surgery again?
April 6th. I am trying to cancel a 6 month extension which would put me at less than a year left. Since i am broke for the next 6 months I am gonna see if what ever unit I get sent to will just release me to go to school.
Also i noticed that the GI Bill/VA education covers the police academy in most of the VA PD's so if it counts as education then I am gonna see if I can released 90 days early to go to an academy if I can get hired while I am down here.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kttref said:
Not a bad idea! Is the family up for the move to VA?
Well My wife supports me getting on any force, we just want to be together and I need and want my girls to know me! Plus my wife job is shit, and all her paycheck goes straight to daycare, so essentially i pay about $100/mo in gas alone for her to work. She has better job opportunities here and i have much better chance of getting on the job here. Not to mention with the way things are in MA now I am not gonna get on the job anytime soon. even with vet status.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. One of the reasons my husband put down "interest in 79RTT" was because we both know it's a long shot...but it's going to be equally as hard, if not harder, for me to get a damn job.

Regardless...good luck! I'm sorry your job is shit now, but you'll be ok in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.