Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Terrible news. R.I.P. I've never heard of those animals, I googled them and they're nasty looking little shits.

G

·
How awful.

And I have to ask WHERE was the mother??? When we take our kids to a zoo/aquarium/etc., they are never out of our sight or far from our reach. What a terrible tragedy.

Sent from my wicked smaht DROID RAZR

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
You also would have thought that a by stander would have tried to help. I know I couldn't sit back and watch a pack of dogs eat a child without doing something. Add this to the list of reasons to carry off duty. RIP little one.

G

·
You also would have thought that a by stander would have tried to help. I know I couldn't sit back and watch a pack of dogs eat a child without doing something. Add this to the list of reasons to carry off duty. RIP little one.
Several years ago, I helped chaperone a field trip to a zoo for my kids' school. The rules for chaperones clearly said no weapons, but eff that.....my Glock 26 made the trip with me and no one was the wiser.

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
Took the little guy to Franklin Park about a dozen times this year. Roscoe always came with us, 1) Because it always comes, 2) because of the area surrounding the zoo and 3) because they haven't had a good track record of keeping their animals on their side if the fences.

I actually had conversation with my wife about how well a .40 cal would fair against a gorilla and I said I had no idea what the outcome would be but I wouldn't be shooting from close

G

·
I actually had conversation with my wife about how well a .40 cal would fair against a gorilla and I said I had no idea what the outcome would be but I wouldn't be shooting from close
It's interesting that the conventional wisdom is that you need at least a .30-30 Winchester rifle round to take down a 150lb whitetail deer that wants nothing to do with you, but when I started on the job, my .38 Special revolver was expected to stop a 350lb lunatic human bent on killing me.

The first cop on-scene in Connecticut where the Chimpanzee mauled the woman and ate her face shot the Chimp with a .40 S&W round. It immediately retreated back into the house, where it died shortly thereafter.

If an animal (I was going to say wild, but then remembered about Pit Bulls) threatens me or anyone in my family, I'm firing until lockback, then reloading and firing until lockback again if there's still a threat.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
THIS, wtf there wasnt a SINGLE person willing to jump in, there little 30-80 lb dogs that most likely would have been scared off by an adult, very sad.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
THIS, wtf there wasnt a SINGLE person willing to jump in, there little 30-80 lb dogs that most likely would have been scared off by an adult, very sad.
I would have emptied all 21 rounds I carry off duty, and then stuck my ka bar in dog lungs until I could have grabbed the kid. In my mind at least.

Reactions: LGriffin

·
Always Watching
8,278 Posts
I would have emptied all 21 rounds I carry off duty, and then stuck my ka bar in dog lungs until I could have grabbed the kid. In my mind at least.
That's an awesome action hero scenario but then you would have to clear your schedule and follow the mother around to save little man the next time she's negligent, which would leave your own little peeps too much time to get in trouble!
Parenting, like policing, renders Cooper's color code white unacceptable.
Sad situation, RIP little man.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
You carry a ka bar?? BAMF!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.