1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boston's finest, on camera
By Dean Johnson
Friday, January 28, 2005

Boston cops will be the subject of a multi-episode documentary series ``Beyond the Badge'' due for the Spike TV cable channel this fall, according to channel spokeswoman Debra Fazio.

The series' creators have ``filmed thousands of hours and spoken to hundreds of officers from across all different areas of the department,'' she said. ``We're looking to be objective and not sensationalist in what a day is like in the life of a Boston police officer, not just on the beat but

in their private lives, too.''

The network obtained the cooperation of Boston Police Commissioner Kathleen O'Toole for the series of hourlong shows, but ``we have editorial control over it,'' Fazio said.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Gil";p="54576 said:
The network obtained the cooperation of Boston Police Commissioner Kathleen O'Toole for the series of hour long shows, but ``we have editorial control over it,'' Fazio said.
That could be the downfall of BPD...probably not, but the fact that the network spokeswomen is flat out saying they have editorial control could mean one of two things...

1) Be prepared for it not to make the PD look good (just look how Spike TV portrays people in MXC! :lol: )
2) They'll be honest and show that it's not all fun and games

It could go either way. Regardless, I'll probably check it out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Spike guys filmed us (members of the Boston Police Gaelic Column of Pipes and Drums) at a couple of our monday night practices in Dorchester, and when the band performed last month one at the Fleet Center during the Celtics half time show. I did not speak with the producers but the band members who did said that were pretty cool. I am looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

FYI, the band is going to Savannah for St. Patrick's Day? Anyone ever go there? It sounds like a cool town. Of course we will be back in time for the Southie Parade!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Spike guys accompanied BPD on a raid on a bar last thursday night. I couldn't figure out who the woman recording it was, and then one of the guys later told me it was for spike tv. I think they ended up with two arrests for the night

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.