Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Channel 4 just aired a story about the pepperball incident. They played old video from the 1986 World Series when a BPD Boss Bitch slapped a dumb ass that was under arrest. They are pointing the finger at him now saying he was one of the officers who fired pepperballs in to the crowd.
They even had the layer that sued BPD over the 1986 incident on and I bet he is seeing $$$

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Boston Police Sergeant Harry Byrne was recently sent to federal jail for almost 6 years for striking a prisoner who he thought was reaching for a weapon in his pants in the booking area of D-14.

I can see the differences in both scenarios and striking a beligerant handcuffed prisoner who is under the direct control of an another officer is totally unjustified. Striking a prisoner who is uncuffed in a booking area and who you think may be reaching into his pants pockets for a weapon may be justified under certain circumstances. One wonders why the Feds never stepped in on that earlier case, especially since it was caught on tape.................hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I will never command a squad of cops for one simple reason. Lawyers. I see what cops are capable of doing and being the guy in charge is definately not for me. I worked too hard for all my posessions to have some jerk in a cheap suit take it away from me & my family. But I do know one thing. The Boss should be in command and give orders only, not participate in the rough & tumble fray unless absolutely necessary.

I will wait until the final report is formulated before passing final judgement but from what's been in the papers and from what I have heard first hand, heads are going to roll.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Channel 4 just aired a story about the pepperball incident. They played old video from the 1986 World Series when a BPD Boss Bitch slapped a dumb ass that was under arrest. They are pointing the finger at him now saying he was one of the officers who fired pepperballs in to the crowd.
They even had the layer that sued BPD over the 1986 incident on and I bet he is seeing $$$
Lt. Bob O'Toole heads up the Special Operations unit of the BPD and he was the one that was caught dope slapping some idiot, that probably deserved it by the way, back in 1986. I guess he was busted down to his permanent Civil Service rank of Lieutenant after the incident. I think he has since moved back up to Dep. Superintendent ? Anyway, he wasn't one of the officers that fired into the crowd. They are trying to determine if he gave the order to or not, which is kind of a moot point because from what I understand, the special ops guys can fire whenever they feel threatened. They don't need the go ahead from higher ups to do so.

I feel bad for the poor girl that died, but they are going to use her to try and give the BPD a black eye. This girl was in the wrong place at the wrong time, plain and simple. It is interesting how the press never points out that she was on Landsdowne Street smack in the middle of one of the "hotter areas" and not say, on the outskirts of Kenmore Sq. Common sense tells most people to "get out of Dodge" when the sh*t hits the fan, yet for some unfortunate reason she remained under the Green Monster?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The names of the four BPD officers are all over the papers this morning...I think THEY should sue the BPD. Whatever happened to "company policy"?

This is a personnel matter. If these guys worked for a private company, their names would NEVER have been released, because they could sue if a company jeopardized their careers and income-making potential.

Wake up BPD. You are an employer, and these guys are employees. The same rules apply. Now - if one or more of these guys is found not responsible - it will be too late. Their reputations have already been tarnished, with their names splashed across the TV screens and papers. And you can never take that back.

Posted Wed 27 Oct, 2004 11:09:

Forgot to mention one important thing - I know that these names were leaked, and not released through official channels. Doesn't make any difference, in my opinion. The BPD is responsible for the actions of its employees. I'm not a lawyer, but I bet that if these guys sued....it would hold u in court.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I was rather surprised this morning to see this incident referred to as a "rowdy post-game celebration" and the assertion that Ms. Snelgrove died as a result of being shot in the eye with a pepper pellet. I wasn't surprised to see the media use a euphemism for "riot" and reporting the alleged cause of death as a fact, but that the reporting outlet was the Fox News Channel (it was on the ticker tape at the bottom of the screen...).

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see that O'Tool, BPD Boss involved in the peperball incident, not Marble Mouths puppet, has hired Timothy Burke.
He is a great Lawyer and is the best in the state when it comes to defending cops. He also represents the members of my department, and also represents the MSP as well.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Just a clarification, the girl was hit with an FN303 round , one fo the hard plastic rounds, not the pepper ball.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.