Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Southern Campus Cop
148 Posts
RIP. I’ve lost two officers I worked closely with, one of them my sector partner for over 2 years. If you need help, please, please reach out and talk to someone. I don’t want to go to any more funerals.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I never knew him, but from the thread, I see a bad theme. I would suggest starting a thread for people to reach out... even anonymously.... ill start by saying I'm going through some shit, have thought about checking out, but I didn't. I'm a veteran and a cop for 12 years, my wife left me (going through a divorce which is frozen by court shut down).

·
Administrator
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I never knew him, but from the thread, I see a bad theme. I would suggest starting a thread for people to reach out... even anonymously.... ill start by saying I'm going through some shit, have thought about checking out, but I didn't. I'm a veteran and a cop for 12 years, my wife left me (going through a divorce which is frozen by court shut down).
I'm sorry you're going through it - but glad you chose not to go too far.
It's rough, but checking out isn't ever the answer. Your pain only gets magnified and spread out to your friends, family, and kids.
We know... James isn't the first member we've lost to the darkness.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Fuck. RIP Sir.. we'll raise one up for you Friday.

Reactions: Sooty

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
There will be times when you feel like that's it, no more. We've all had those moments when we feel like it can't ever get any better, the world is on my shoulders and crushing me and what's the point? We've all felt so low that if we sunk any lower, we'd see fish with lights on their heads and the pressure would just crush us. At least I know I have. It's not fun and now and then I get that awful feeling. But then, something happens, someone says something or does something that hits me broadside and I think, "DAMN, I'm glad I was around to see that, or hear that, or do that." It's always darkest before the dawn but dawn does come and it may feel like it'll just be another lousy day (and sometimes it IS a lousy day), when you look back on all the GOOD days, you want to be around for the next one that comes alone, and one will come along.

Hello Everyone,
I am James father-in-law. Funeral arrangements are not finalized, but the viewing will be on Thurs and Church services on Friday. Here is a link Obituary for James Daniel Lunnin | John J. O'Connor & Son Funeral Home, Dorchester, MA
If you plan on attending, please come in uniform. I think James would have like that.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There will be a police presence both at the wake Thursday (4-8) and Friday (starting after 9:30). Due to COVID concerns it sounds like officers will be outside for the most part

·
Premium Member
6,197 Posts
There will be times when you feel like that's it, no more. We've all had those moments when we feel like it can't ever get any better, the world is on my shoulders and crushing me and what's the point? We've all felt so low that if we sunk any lower, we'd see fish with lights on their heads and the pressure would just crush us. At least I know I have. It's not fun and now and then I get that awful feeling. But then, something happens, someone says something or does something that hits me broadside and I think, "DAMN, I'm glad I was around to see that, or hear that, or do that." It's always darkest before the dawn but dawn does come and it may feel like it'll just be another lousy day (and sometimes it IS a lousy day), when you look back on all the GOOD days, you want to be around for the next one that comes alone, and one will come along.
Very well said.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It was very heartening to see so many fellow officers there this evening. I'm sorry we had to meet that way, AS4 and zm88.
James will be missed. I hope he is at peace.
great turnout for James today.

Reactions: k12kop

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
I'm saddened at having missed both last night and this morning. I applaud all who went and showed respect. Had I managed my time better, I could have made it and I hang my head that I didn't. RIP, James.

Reactions: visible25

·
Registered
715 Posts
And our brother is laid to rest, thank you all.
We also learned today that Sarge can play the bagpipes
And K12kop learned some thing in NCO school 30 years ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just rember temporary promblem dont require permanent solutions

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Yes, awesome post. Sir. We will all have very dark, dark moments. From a personal standpoint, I decided my shitty bad days were not worth ruining my overall good life. Sadly some forget this; and end lives as a permanent solution to temporary problems (I don't fault those that do)... with what is going in the world today, we really need to look out for each other (as few else will), hence my first post.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts