Boston ppl or academy | MassCops

Boston ppl or academy

Discussion in 'Boston' started by njccc1234, Jul 6, 2020.

1. njccc1234

njccc1234 New Member

What is the academy like ? How’s the pt ? Etc?

2. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

If that's all you're concerned about, then police work is not for you.

Joel98 and Quo Vadis like this.
  3. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MassCops Member

Absolutely dead on.

Joel98 likes this.
  4. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

It’s quite a breeze. My favorite day is ice cream day. They have really changed to a community policing model. It’s all about how to properly gather with the public for events like coffee with a cop. They provide you with some great tools about how to answer the public’s questions as to how you do your job, while making sure you don’t offend anyone.

You’ll do just fine. I hear they just reduced the number of training hours to meet post-COVID reduced budgets. Make sure on your first day you tell them you know your rights. Everyone likes a joker.

5. Drebbin

Drebbin MassCops Member

The PT/running is not that big of a deal. Focus on studies and being prepared for upcoming events. The first ten finishers in the run on Ice Cream day get sundaes the rest just get waffle cones. Some incentive for you....

6. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

PT for BPD is not very challenging compared to other departments or say the State Police Academy.

Joel98 likes this.
  7. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

LMFAO. I live up the street from the Hyde Park Hilton. Maybe not very challenging if you’re an Olympic runner, but definitely one of the toughest academies. Did you maybe drove by the NU academy, and thought it was BPD?

USAF3424 and zm88 like this.
  8. R2D2

R2D2 MassCops Member

When I joined the army, I was asking the same question. It was no where near as bad as what I thought it would be. My police academy was no different. I’m also not employed in mass, But my academy was 6 months plus field training time. Very similar to mass requirements.

9. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

No, it was the BPD academy. I know this because I was in the academy. I love the department, love the job, but anybody who said PT in the academy was real challenging just wasn’t physically prepared. Sure, some days might have been harder than others, but it doesn’t stack up well to a state agency in terms of the difficulty.

02136colonel likes this.
  10. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding

11. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

No worries

12. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Have you been to the state police academy? You also went through the we need bodies now/social distancing academy. That was not the same BPD academy 90% of us went through.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  13. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

Yeah, I went through a portion of steps for the state academy and in my opinion it’s a harder academy.

14. USAF3424

USAF3424 MassCops Member

Maybe you should offer that opinion up once you’ve been through both. Until then you should probably focus on learning how to be a police officer. The academy doesn’t mean shit. Didn’t you guys just get off FTO?

15. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

Okay buddy..

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  16. Public Safety

Public Safety MassCops Member

Oh how I love Masscops... where cops come and talk shit to each other :D

Goose likes this.