Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like the BPD is trying to save money on gas like some other towns. I was driving down Centre Street in JP (Jamaica Plain) yesterday and saw a Boston Officer on a fancy, new motorized scooter. It had Dealer plates on it but also had BPD markings, so I am not sure it was a "loaner".............

·
Subscribing Member
640 Posts
They Have Been Testing A New One. Has Been Used In Southie, Jp Looking To Use A Few For Some Of The Areas Like Eastie, Jp, Hyde Park, Westie Etc... 3 Wheels

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Why don't they resurrect that Cushman 3 wheeled heap next to A-1 that hasn't moved in a few years? It's not that old either, probably 8 or 9 years old at the most.

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
I was walking past the North End Bridge to Charlestown and I thought I saw the scotter zip below me on that harborwalk bridge below.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
That scooter above, 9711, is DOA next to A-1 for the looooongest time. Must have been a MSP or the new scooter they are testing out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I love these liberal department heads that think by spending 10,000 more on a new vehicle instead of just paying the 3,000 a year at most increase in fuel costs is going to make the problem go away.

Two points here, one is that you cannot drive a vespa scooter year round, and why not just get a HD Road king?
Two, the vehicle is going to take years to pay for itself.

Whats the point? Just pay the cost of fuel. It will eventually go down, once all this BS market speculation goes away.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
New Bedford Police have some scooters..either 150 or 250cc's. I saw a few zip by me a few weeks ago and they were going by really fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts