Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to start a thread for those on the Boston list. Please share what you scored, if your a resident, where you ranked on the list and hopefully soon - if you got called.

Scored a 94, Resident, 191 on the list.

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
smd6169 said:
I am trying to start a thread for those on the Boston list. Please share what you scored, if your a resident, where you ranked on the list and hopefully soon - if you got called.

Scored a 94, Resident, 191 on the list.
Resident
Score 92
Veteran
34 on the eligible list

* Got a letter from BPD to come in Saturday for an "Early Application Brief"... if I'm interested ;)

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they are calling folks allready? Are you going? Please update how many were called, they are hiring etc... good luck.

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
smd6169 said:
So they are calling folks allready? Are you going? Please update how many were called, they are hiring etc... good luck.
The letter I got in the mail saturday, was notice to come in for a "Early Application Briefing," on saturday the 12th, what Im told (by my roomate who got the same notice last year/graduated in april) is that they bring you in give you paperwork to start the hiring process, ahead of CS and then soon after you'll get a card from CS....

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good for you! So at a rank of 34 they must be looking at 15 + although I would guess at least 30 or more. I take it you are going. Find out as much info on how many they are looking to hire etc...and share. Again, congrats and good luck.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
93....NON-VET, Resident and currently #233

I would be venturing a guess that BPD would be looking to hire 50 or so. They just started a new class on 10/31 and are probably looking at March or April for a new one to possibly overlap with the current class.

Looking at the Boston list, the top 150 or so are veterans. Which makes me wonder how many will return cards or be eligible? I would think that many of those on the list may be on Active Duty or might not pass the background?

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
soxrock75 said:

I would be venturing a guess that BPD would be looking to hire 50 or so. They just started a new class on 10/31 and are probably looking at March or April for a new one to possibly overlap with the current class.

Looking at the Boston list, the top 150 or so are veterans. Which makes me wonder how many will return cards or be eligible? I would think that many of those on the list may be on Active Duty or might not pass the background?
So what are you trying to say? those of us that are Vet's are a bunch of criminals who wont pass the background???

·
Registered
150 Posts
smd6169 said:
Good for you! So at a rank of 34 they must be looking at 15 + although I would guess at least 30 or more. I take it you are going. Find out as much info on how many they are looking to hire etc...and share. Again, congrats and good luck.
Rumor is 200-300!!!

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wryman said:
Rumor is 200-300!!!
I heard the same, that they will be seeking to fill 200 - 300 positions, I just hope they do it with a few large classes as opposed to many smaller ones.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
soxrock75 said:
So what would make you think that Veterans won't pass the background? Besides whatever shame you feel for not serving the Country?

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
JoninNH said:
So what would make you think that Veterans won't pass the background? Besides whatever shame you feel for not serving the Country?
Settle Down Guys......I am not trying to start anything here. My post was not a knock on VETS. I have the utmost respect for those that have served and are currently serving our country, What I was trying to say is that the law of averages will disqualify many of those at the tops of any town's list, be them Veterans, Disabled Veterans or civilians. With that many Veterans on the Boston List, they have the added drawback of many possibly being on Active Duty and deferring until future classes.

While Veterans are noble and honorable for the countless sacrifices that they make, they are still normal people that will have disqualifying factors just like civilians such as: poor credit, bad references / job history, parking tickets, excise taxes etc. You have to admit that it would be difficult to argue this point.

I was simply trying to give some hope to those that aren't at the top of Boston's list, like myself. I am realistic and recognize that Boston may never get to me down at #233. So, AFCop and JoninNH I wish you luck in the BPD process.

Also, I feel no shame in the fact that I did not serve my country. The military simply was not a right fit for me at the time and I chose a different path. Kudos to you for serving, and I Thank You.

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did they share any info on How many cards/letters they sent out? How many showed up? How many do they plan to hire for this class and subsequent classes?

AFCOP said:
Just came from BPD HQ with my 26 page application package

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
smd6169 said:
Did they share any info on How many cards/letters they sent out? How many showed up? How many do they plan to hire for this class and subsequent classes?
Cards un know at this time, currently there is funding for 35 officers, with a target class of 75 in April, have to wait until January for the final number/funding.... Menino came out in the globe saying he will have 100 on by the fall..

·
MassCops Member
218 Posts
smd6169 said:
When is it due? Which part is giving you trouble?
Due saturday, 98% complete, I re-typed the application In microsoft word, scanned in all the required documents and printed them out in color (benefits of working for uncle sam... access to some pretty sweet computer stuff), got all my letters of reference, just have to get my three neighbor references, so I'm almost there...they just make you feel like that one time in 8th grade when you were late returning your books to the library, they'll disqualify you!... One piece of advice to all those who are soon to enter the process... Be early!... we in the military have a saying "to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is wrong"... the last saturday meeting people were being turned away who showed up at 0900

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I previously stated to you, I am trying to get all my info goatherd now. The references, do you need to supply them with names or actual letters from them?

Hurry up and wait as we used to say in the Army (but yes, I am sadly not a VET). When I get that letter, I am camping out the night prior :smile: cause noone is turning me away.

AFCOP said:
Due saturday, 98% complete, I re-typed the application In microsoft word, scanned in all the required documents and printed them out in color (benefits of working for uncle sam... access to some pretty sweet computer stuff), got all my letters of reference, just have to get my three neighbor references, so I'm almost there...they just make you feel like that one time in 8th grade when you were late returning your books to the library, they'll disqualify you!... One piece of advice to all those who are soon to enter the process... Be early!... we in the military have a saying "to be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is wrong"... the last saturday meeting people were being turned away who showed up at 0900

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.