Boston police arrest officer for domestic violence | MassCops

Boston police arrest officer for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Bib, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Bib

Bib MassCops Member

Posted by MediaRelations on February 19, 2011

Today Boston Police arrested Boston Police Patrol Officer Dennis Morson after a domestic incident which occurred early this morning.

About 3:12 am on Saturday, February 19, 2011 Officers responded to a radio call for a domestic violence intimate partner at a residence on Intervale Street in Roxbury. Officers spoke to a female victim, who stated her husband assaulted her and damaged property. The officer observed injury to the victim and damage to both her apartment door and front common hallway door. The victim stated that her husband then left the apartment on foot.
    The female victim declined medical treatment. The victim was advised of her 209A rights.

BOSTON POLICE ARREST OFFICER FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE : BPDNEWS.COM

2. POSD

POSD MassCops Member

BPD did it by the book that night, a very unfortunate incident. However, I do not like the fact that BPD released the name of the street that he lives on....that should of been redacted out.

3. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Brings to mind what an old timer told me well over twenty five years ago...

"If you ever get in trouble on this job the department will stand behind you.....way, way behind you"

This seems to be what's happening in this case.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

The word "domestic" sets off alarm bells and sirens with police brass, and I actually can't blame them, considering how much of a hot-button issue that is.

Thankfully, my PD has a policy where if we go to any situation where a possible suspect is a law enforcement officer, we're mandated to not take any enforcement action before a supervisor arrives, unless it's required to maintain order, prevent an escape, or to protect ourselves or others. Basically, if the LE suspect isn't acting up, trying to leave, or posing a threat to anyone, we get to drop back and punt the arrest to a gold badge.

*LIKE*

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

not a nice part of town.

6. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Not on Intervale Street, trust me on that one.

7. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

Intervale is on the same sleeping pattern as the midshift workers....play all night sleep all day

8. Bib

Bib MassCops Member

What does the part of town have to do with anything ?

9. quality617

quality617 Subscribing Member

Really?!? Really?!?

10. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

call me crazy , but your a Boston cop for 7 years and living on Intervale Ave ?

sumpthin's up. maybe mama was running around with the locals ?

move to Milton and be happy.

11. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Maybe hes got family there? Who knows, not really anyones business where the guy chooses to live imo.

12. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

Move to Milton and be in violation of the city's residency rule? He would then be terminated.