Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
MetroWest Daily News
Posted Nov 20, 2008 @ 01:38 AM


A Boston driver was drunk when he led police on a high-speed chase on Rte. 126, reaching speeds of 100 mph before he crashed and ran away, police said.
Sean Gosse, 20, was arrested after the chase, and he and his passenger were taken to MetroWest Medical Center's Framingham Union campus to be treated for minor injuries, according to an affidavit Holliston Sgt. George Leurini filed in Framingham District Court.
In the affidavit, Leurini said he was patrolling near 492 Washington St. (Rte. 126), when he saw a gray sedan heading toward him going 39 mph in a 25 mph zone.
He turned on his siren, and the sedan accelerated to 60 to 70 mph. When Leurini tried to keep up, the car hit speeds as fast as 100 mph, Leurini said.
The car crashed into the curb at the intersection of Washington and Hollis streets, near 747 Washington St.
"As I approached the crash, I stopped behind the vehicle," Leurini wrote. "I then observed two occupants fleeing the vehicle. Not knowing the circumstances, I drew my weapon and ordered both parties on the ground."
The passenger, James Drew, 21, stopped, but the driver kept running.
"The passenger was requesting medical attention," Leurini said. "He was going in and out of consciousness."
Several other Holliston officers, as well as an officer from Sherborn, searched for Gosse.
Police found him on Green Street.
"After speaking to him briefly, I had detected a strong odor of alcoholic beverage coming from his general area/body," Leurini wrote.
The car was owned by Melissa Bunting, 22, of 7 South High St., Milford. She told police she had given Drew, the passenger, permission to drive the car, but never said Gosse could drive it.
Gosse, of 39 Wellsmere Road, Roslindale, was charged with OUI, leaving the scene of an accident, using a vehicle without authority, disturbing the peace, driving negligently as to endanger, failing to stop for police and driving with an open container of liquor. He was also cited for speeding, failing to wear a seat belt and making a marked lanes violation.
Gosse pleaded not guilty at his Framingham District Court arraignment yesterday and was released without bail. He is due back in court on Dec. 22 for a pretrial conference.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts