Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the BCPD, if it's a good dept. and such, benefits, pay. I am considering putting my app in since they are hiring 9 officers. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
393 Posts
They are a damn good department. They got all the goodies, guns, busy place. Especially when football games are on campus. The pay is very good from what I have been told. here is there web site www.bc.edu/police

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are a squared away department, lots of "toys" to play with. However, as far as dealing with the students; can't touch them, they have Diplomatic Immunity :x Same bull that private colleges have to deal with. The pay is excellent so I guess its up to whoever is applying for the job.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if you dont have "college policing" expierence they wont hire you....

take it from me. My time was waisted going thru the hiring process. 2 spots, and 2 final candidates. myself and another individual that is a member of this board.

after all was said and done, they decided to pass me over due to my lack of "college policing" expierence.

Good Luck to all that apply.....................

·
Registered
166 Posts
"if you dont have "college policing" expierence they wont hire you....

take it from me. My time was waisted going thru the hiring process. 2 spots, and 2 final candidates. myself and another individual that is a member of this board.

after all was said and done, they decided to pass me over due to my lack of "college policing" expierence.

Good Luck to all that apply....................."

Hey NEMO are you sure it wasn't because you can't spell!! ](*,)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see that there is alot of love between our fellow brothers in blue out there. I appreciate the tips on this topic, I sent in my resume and hope to hear from them soon. Thanks again for your help & stay safe.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went to RAD training with a kid that worked there I guess it is a sweet place as money and benny's go but as for the students they walk all over you meaning that they are in good with the higher ups cant touch them get away with murder type stuff. I guess its like that in all of the private schools though cause we have the same problem at Curry only BC makes more so they put up with it!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Directly from their web site...

"Chief Morse's policing emphasis is focused on the educational aspects rather than on the punitive side of law enforcement."

I would swallow my tongue trying to be nice to some dirtbag college student.

Stop or I'll say Stop again!

·
Registered
31 Posts
kennyz- I think they just acquired a large amount of "new" property, although I can't confirm that this is the reason that facilitates the job openings.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I went to RAD training with a kid that worked there I guess it is a sweet place as money and benny's go but as for the students they walk all over you meaning that they are in good with the higher ups cant touch them get away with murder type stuff. I guess its like that in all of the private schools though cause we have the same problem at Curry only BC makes more so they put up with it!!
Unfortunately this goes for 90% of all the schools in Mass. But hey making $$$$ and putting food on the table is really what it's all about.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do the BC Police get time and a half for doing sporting events. BC Hockey, Football etc? What is there rate for OT?

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Word has it that out of 9 positions only 2-3 people will be selected from outside. All the others will be internal applicants. So in order to get selected you really have to rock that interview or be extremely connected. Good luck

·
Registered
393 Posts
Doughnut33 @ Sat 14 Aug said:
kennyz- I think they just acquired a large amount of "new" property, although I can't confirm that this is the reason that facilitates the job openings.
B.C. bought some of the former Archdioesce land over in Brookline. This is direct from someone I know at Boston College.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Doughnut33 @ Sat 14 Aug said:
B.C. bought some of the former Archdioesce land over in Brookline. This is direct from someone I know at Boston College.
It was in the paper and News after the sale took place. Back in the early spring or late winter if I remember correctly... No big secret.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Are you sure you got the right department FUCOCK? I went to the academy with an officer from there and since he's been there for two years he made a couple of arrest and got the crap for it big time. All of them hate it, there's not much OT and you get in BIG trouble if you make an arrest. Oh yeah, you can't make an arrest until the Sergeant comes down and he says OK, because he wants to make sure PC exists? He and a bunch of others are leaving or have left and not one of them is happy there, maybe except the Chief.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.