Boss fired after saying employee's son being on life support was 'drama' | MassCops

Boss fired after saying employee's son being on life support was 'drama'

Discussion in 'Idiot News Articles' started by kwflatbed, Jul 3, 2018.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

The owners and controllers of PS Food Mart have my total respect for how they handled this. I hope that the former manager has learned a lesson and vomits blood for years to come.

Shit, sorry, that was way too harsh. I just hope she knows what a pile of shit she is. :rolleyes:

CCCSD, FTH and HistoryHound like this.
  3. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Many years ago I had a DM tell me that I had to tell a young mother that it didn't matter how sick her son was, she needed to come in for her next shift or be fired. He was unhappy that her unscheduled absences required us to bring in someone from another store because we only had 3 full time and one part time employee at that point. (Why we only had one part time employee is a story for another time.) Well it didn't quite turn out the way he expected when the employee, the other manager and I all found new jobs and quit at the same time. There's no way I'm working for someone with that attitude.

Kilvinsky, CCCSD, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I fully understand how tough it can be to fill a shift. IT SUCKS. However, SHIT HAPPENS that is beyond the normal scope of things and you HAVE to accommodate those employees who just have no choice, otherwise, you're a scumbag who should be stoned.

and not in the good way.

HistoryHound and Goose like this.