Boot camp... Good memories. | Page 2 | MassCops

Boot camp... Good memories.

Discussion in 'Military News' started by sgthoskins, May 15, 2009.

1. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

5.5 months is a long time to go only to be sent home. That sucks big... Sorry to hear it.

2. Javert

Javert MassCops Member

Summer of 06, my 17th year. Fort Knox, KY. Good time, never had any real issues, Its funny I found this thread cause going up for SGT in a few months I was digging threw my "i love me" binder and found my PT card from that time. As a 17 E1 my best 2 mile was 13:05.......i don't remember how the hell I did it but I do wish I could still do it so easily. Now I do my APFT 2M in about 1430-1450ish. That is, im pretty sure, my best boot camp memory.....o ya, and the plane ride back to boston! :)

3. Mejia

Mejia New Member

MCRD San Diego HOTEL COMPANY 2nd Battalion Platoon 2055

Senior Drill Instructor SSGt Hinch ... OOH -Rah !!!

4. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

PM me dude!

5. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I'd love to read this thread, but I'm not going to scroll left and right sixty times to be able to read the text because the pictures are full size and make it nearly impossible to read...sgt, if you start another thread, please resize the pictures first.

6. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Sadly I'm not surprised.

7. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

25 years ago I embarked on my military journey. Thankfully, that began with quite an impressive display of force-fed discipline. Many of my instructors and leaders on active duty were Vietnam vets. Some were drafted and stayed on, but many were volunteer career guys who just enjoyed the military.

Hopefully there are some eee-lite fightin' units left in the Army where you can still be a man among men. Many young lads WANT to be challenged. They WANT to accomplish difficult tasks. They WANT to be surrounded by folks who accomplished those same difficult tasks. The only way to get that is by comparing themselves to those who did not make the cut.

It is no secret that certain groups of people who share a common achievement become more cohesive and build longer lasting bonds than those who just have to show up and go through the motions. Without actually getting shot at and blown up, there aren't too many ways to simulate combat. Yelling and screaming, unrealistic time constraints for tasks, sleep and food deprivation, and most certainly eliminating creature comforts are at the top of the list.

Now, it seems we've lost that fighting spirit. Is the Army's boot camp just a microcosm of American laziness and apathy? Should we just call it in-processing camp? Have we forgotten that the military is the enforcement option for the government in which some situations a mere pen cannot accomplishment its objectives? Have we forgotten that the military is to blow things up, kill people, and to occupy foreign lands? Is that a clean, aseptic, benign video game? We think not.

When you cheapen the HONOR of serving in the military, you will get less-than-honorable recruits knocking on the door.

8. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Just damn embarrassing. Mamby pamby bullshit...

It is a sign of today's wussified society. Hell, ya can see it in law enforcement too. There are hard chargin' units in the military. Unfortunately they're being second guessed and supervised at the highest levels by pussies that don't get it or too damned afraid. Just like LE; there are hard chargers out on the roads but they're being supervised by can't cunt posers.. End result: bad guys win....

9. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

All I can say is PUSSIFIED

10. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I was never in the Military, but cannot believe that pussy-assed video.
    I take pride in overcoming obstacles to become the best at whatever
    I try to do, and one my personal mottos is: Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.
    SinePari's post about this is spot on. Luckily, there will always be sheepdogs that
    serve in the military and LE, who never settle for 'good enough' when they look in the mirror,
    despite the fact that their administrators will. These men and women are our only hope.