Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a clue about Bolton PD. Have a friend that has applied for the full-time position and has no clue. I told him I would put it out here to see the feed back.
Questions he has, how many officers, pay scale and what type of action in Bolton.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Jay,

I moved your post to this forum since it had to do with municipal police. There are 2 postings (one for full-time and 1 for P/T) for Bolton PD in the "Massachusetts Listings" forum.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
I saw Bolton's reserve officer ad on LEAPS...anyone know what the hiring process might be for an applicant...is the candidate picked before the position is even advertised?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bolton's officers are amongst the best, they deserve and get much respect from the residents of the town and from officers of surrounding communities. However, there are many greivences filed towards management, many still open. Could be a terrific department if the right leadership got in. Suggest you speak to an officer already on the job.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmooney said:
Jay,

I moved your post to this forum since it had to do with municipal police. There are 2 postings (one for full-time and 1 for P/T) for Bolton PD in the "Massachusetts Listings" forum.
THANK YOU :lol:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I seem to recall another recent message on the board about this, which I (of course) cannot find right now. Someone had stated they usually promote their reserve officers into the full-time positions.

-Mike

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Money is high 40s base, i believe ten years to max out, No Quinn Bill at this time. Don't bother applying, they have a large pool of reserves that they usually choose from. Most of the reserves have FT academies and their reserves work patrol by themselves and there is no difference between them and FTs, same uniforms etc. They have to advertise by law i believe.
This was posted before regarding this department.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Yep, Dicky you could apply if you want!! Bolton is a good department, they have excellent equipment(new station soon too) and money is good. No quinn yet but i think they will try to get it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i know that friday the 19 th was the last day to have the application in,
there was a small note on dept letterhead from the chief stating that if the applicant did not hear from the dept by dec 25, than the dept was not interested in the applicant!

good luck!

:twisted:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,660 Posts
H50 said:
Yep, Dicky you could apply if you want!! Bolton is a good department, they have excellent equipment(new station soon too) and money is good. No quinn yet but i think they will try to get it.
Yimmy!
Dickie will NEVER leave his Department! He's so loyal and he sticks to his guns!

Ya know he's so old and set in his ways.........they've kept an old F-106 Delta Dart shell with fightin 102nd colors parked in a hanger @OTIS for him to whip his skippy in!
:wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.