Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JaneDoe 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if BMC is a good place to work for? I know it's a
Level 1 Trauma Center, so the action is unlimited, and I know that they don't carry a firearm...but can anyone tell me how they are to work for as far as hospital security goes?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I applied there before taking the position i currently have. not a bad place to work, the pay was decent the people for the most part were squared away. The one big downfall was the whole rule 400 thing. And the fact that you have to wait a year before you can be a rule 400

#6 ·
I heard it's similar to working as a Boston SPO at other hospitals as far as pay, benefits, prestige, training, etc................
:sl:

#8 ·
Many have come in and received quality baton, handcuff and o.c. training and have moved on to various law enforcement training. Department consist of 80 officers. About 25-30 Boston Special Officers and ten State Police Specials. More action than the typical hospital/campus setting. Plenty of 94C idiots wandering around. Union (IBPO Local 494) is very strong and proactive. The benefits are excellent. Officers are Boston University employees so, they can take advantage of college courses at reduced rates (pay only 10%) and includes family members. 5 health plans to choose from, after first year 3 weeks paid vacation. Earn furlough time during christmas week. You can also swap shifts weekly. Overtime is up and down, average officer earned around 45k plus bennies last year. Still have your usual unlocks and patrols but before you know it gunshot victims and their hoodlum friends and rivals arrive to make it an interesting shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.