Black Ops | Page 2 | MassCops

Black Ops

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

One thing I've noticed is the many anachronisms with weapons. There were no flatop AR's in Vietnam, Colt-made 4X scopes were mounted on carry handles. Also no undermounted grenade launchers in 1961; Colt made the first one, the XM148, in 1964. There also were no ACOG's (1990's) in 1961, nor MP-5K's in 1963 (1976). COD has always been fairly accurate in its weaponology, so these mistakes are a bit disappointing.

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Exactly!

3. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

got my copy earlier today, had to stop after a few levels to come to work though :stomp:

sigh...9 hours til i can waste my day again :sleep:

4. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Books? What The Efff... are Books????????

Oh, it's the shit I have to buy for the next Promotional Exam. BTW, I wish that those particular books came on tape:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

And what do you call the next 9 hours?:rolleyes:

5. jedediah1

not sure about 6, but i called 3 of them 'a sheep counting exercise' ;-)

6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Ahhh excellent point, HOWEVER...

The game has a 40 year timeline. I haven't touched the single player campaign yet, just been working on multiplayer and played "Zombies" last night with the girlfriend(mind you she's ultra-noob and did well, but it's tough as SHIT) but supposedly it spans from the 60's to now. I can't speak to the accuracy during the campaign, but it's definitely a combination of weapons throughout the multiplayer from 60's era to now. The Famas makes a return, as well as the Steyr AUG, and the SPAS-12. Those are newer makes aren't they?

7. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Yes, mid-to-late 70's designs.

I do have to note the Zombie level is fantastic! Level 10 is my current high level. Use the teleporter and head to the projection room for some serious carnage! Watch out for the hell-hounds and floor-crawlers past level 6!

8. 5-0

5-0 Guest

You need to get a live account, and come with me and Pvt to virtually stomp on people. Good times... Good times...

9. Pvt. Cowboy

Ahhh... the "Return of Clutch and Shag". C'mon Killjoy, give in. Xbox Live, get 'er done.

10. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I need to round all you guys up and get you out to Centerfolds 2000.

11. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Maybe make the rounds out that way and hit Mario's too! :beer_yum::thumbs_up:

12. Pvt. Cowboy

"In"

13. 5-0

5-0 Guest

As long as it's not on game night...

kidding. I'm 'IN'

14. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

If you're buying, I'm drinking...

15. SinePari

Whoa whoa whoa. I said I need to get you there, not finance your debouchery...

16. GD

GD MassCops Member

lmao............!!!!:smug:

17. Pvt. Cowboy

I don't need you to finance MY debauchery, I do fine on my own! I'm just saying I'd go hammer down some Corona's and introduce you to some of the attractive staff I'm friendly with...

And Deuce, I'm buying! It's not in "hometown" so it qualifies as an eligible location, right?

18. Simon

Simon Guest

I'm IN too............

19. Jrpatriot

Jrpatriot MassCops Member

I bought the game, I am pretty impressed with it, though there are some disappointments with server issues. Single player wasnt too bad I beat it on Veteran which took awhile on some of the missions and was quite frustrating at the infinite amount of waves of enemies at some checkpoints. Multiplayer is less fast paced than modern warfare 2 which is awesome cause all the ADD kids hyped up on Mt.Dew just die constantly. The greatest thing I love about the game is the Hitmaps and the option to record matches played and posting them on Youtube. Ive already posted two videos up and they have come out pretty good. You can see them of you search JRpatriot on youtube. But overall it is a really well put together game. Add me if you wish to play on XBL. Gamertag: JRpatriot

20. SinePari

Dude, this thread got jacked about 10 posts ago.

Now, for those of you who ARE interested in debauchery PM me your cell numbers and I'll organize the day. I doubt Douce will make it. His leash is so short you couldn't even floss your teeth with it...

21. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

"In"

22. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

I had to get two copies, one for moms house and one for mine, now all the boys want to do is take turns sleeping over so they can kill each other online... BTW they both seem to like the black ops ver. more life like, bigger maps etc...

23. jedediah1

hello relationship, goodbye black ops :stomp:

24. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Ah reverse pschology; a powerful manipulation method, against the weak of mind. Your Jedi mindtricks won't work on me young one. My ego has long since been beaten away... Go back to eating your Blizzard child and leave the psy ops to the adults...

25. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

To get this back on track. I just started playing a couple of days ago and I am kinda disappointed. It just feels like a mixture of World at War and Modern Warefare 2 with new maps. Don't get me wrong I am hooked but it wasn't as good as I hoped for.