Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Dig workers caught napping on the job

Apparently the sound of dripping water and falling chunks of concrete isn't enough to keep some workers on Boston's Big Dig project awake. Perhaps, it sounded like a spring rainstorm to them.

A recent investigation conducted by The Boston Herald found workers napping, reading and even joyriding while they were on the clock and being paid $49 per hour.

The Herald surveyed work sites on the project over five days and found heavy equipment operators sleeping, reading and sitting idle for hours at a time on the job. Some were even sleeping in full public view.

The workers were employed by construction company Bechtel National, which recently received a contract from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to build dry housing for hurricane victims in Mississippi.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
What the Herald doesn't mention in their article isthe fact that the machine operators they took pictures of are all union operators, and on a job like that the whole site is a union site which means the operator can do nothing but sit in this machine and operate it. It's not like he can get out and grab a shovel and give the union laborers a hand. He has to stay in that machine because no one else on that site can just hop in the machine and operate it. The Herald really needs to get all the facts straight. Yeah they were wrong for sleeping in the machines but what the hell else are they gonna do? When they need to work they work.

Just my :2c:

Scott :monkeyea:

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
I will say you know what kind of Hatchett jobs the Herald does on cops...I tend to wonder about a lot of these stories...

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
SOT_II said:
I will say you know what kind of Hatchett jobs the Herald does on cops...I tend to wonder about a lot of these stories...
Yeah true on that one also. The Herald is just a bunch of Hack reporters. It's just an oversized Tabloid magazine.

Scott

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I am really suprised that the Herald did not turn the "The Big Sleep" into a two part story and include the cops.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Wasn't the Herald also the paper who printed the "Greetings from Camp Hell" cover, regarding the state police academy? All union employees and police officers should boycott this stupid paper... this poor guy could have been on his lunch break...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.