Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Very nice website. I always said to my boss years ago when I worked hospital security that the future of hospital security will be shifting to Hospital Police. He said I was nuts, he thought Longwood was the nuts. Longwood is Bye Bye!! I should have bet him $100 8 years ago

G

·
Sorry guys, the website is not yet ready....someone jumped the gun on our part. I will let you all know when it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's about time, I worked there when Longwood was there as an officer and a supervisor and i'll tell you that place is nuts. Longwood didn't pay that great.It s nice to see that they have their own department there. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Private Policing is not a new concept it was started in California many years ago. With shrinking Municipal and State funds you will continue to see this trend increase.

Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts
Read the Welcome message and it says "Generally, supervisors are authorized to make arrests for criminal offenses". ??????? Only supervisors. God help you if you are in a situation where someone needs to be locked up right away. Um... sir, can you hold on one second while I call my supervisor to arrest you.

Sorry, not poking fun, but seems kind of odd that only supervisors can make arrests. Ahh the fun and joy of campus and private policing.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
That message from the Chief is outdated. All of the Police Officers have arrest authority (SSPO and Sheriff deputy powers). The Security Supervisors do not make arrests. The Security Supervisors used to have arrest authority when Longwood Security was in there. Since the in-house transition, that has changed. The website is still under construction from what I understand.

·
Registered
253 Posts
yeah, sheriff powers, hey campus officer...the sheriff powers and a buck still wont buy us a cup of coffee!

at least we know that any "grey" area outside the campus will be covered by the county !

be safe, watch your 6

:twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.