Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things are moving up at BIDMC. The officers there finally carry real firearms and there are some new supervisors on board that are truly worth their salt. Brighter days are truly ahead!

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it true that a college degree is required in order to get special state police powers under 22C 63?

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
Mitpo62 @ 14 Oct 2004 22:25 said:
Is it true that a college degree is required in order to get special state police powers under 22C 63?
No, graduation from an SSPO academy or MPOC academy will also work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you don't want to go to new braintree if you have 80 college credits (not sure if it has to be Crim Justice). you can still get your state special

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
political connections put aside, whats the chances of someone with "SSPO Waiver" (Cj degree and reserve academy) getting an interview?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I recall correctly, A DOC academy with a reserve intermittent academy will get you the waiver as well..........correct me if I am wrong..

·
Registered
393 Posts
ADG0911 @ Wed 03 Nov said:
If I recall correctly, A DOC academy with a reserve intermittent academy will get you the waiver as well..........correct me if I am wrong..
Yes that will get you a waiver.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To answer my own question, no new hires yet. I understand the process of finding new officers has been challenging. I wish anyone success in their endeavors for employment at BI.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.