Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new updates on Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Police?

Are they armed yet?

How are the working conditions?

· Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the firearms process going over MGH??
If I hold my breath on that issue, I'll be at the good ol' "Allen Street"

Although PR24's are looking good... and at her majesty's suggestion too.

· Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
LOMAC,

Apparently you are a disgruntled PO...or failed to become one. Obviously you judge from the outside and never worked in a inner-city hospital. We do alot more than check doors... I've never cleaned a bed pan, nor have I ever delivered an IV bag. What do we do? We fight with psyche patients, drunks, gang bangers, and thieves... and yes, we chase them too. We also deal with domestics and robberies. We lock-up more than just a "few" people - sometimes more than many small or midsized towns.. No, Boston PD is NOT reliable enough to say there are "enough cops in the area"- they are always short staffed or "tied up". Response time is horrible because of that. We often have more guys on than they do. We handle all our own arrests and transports and have also ASSISTED Boston a few times as well. I get paid more than most PO's get paid and my Bennie's are MUCH better - love the 6 weeks of vacation too. Do you get that? Good perks too...

Usually it's only one or two morons on the Board of Trustees that keeps a Hospital from being armed. A gun would be nice, but I, like many others I work with, have worked for (or are working for) a "Police Department" and carried a gun. No biggie. Like many Campus Police Departments we are unarmed... nothing new in Mass.. In MOST Boston Hospitals they are "Officers" not "Guards"... a Guard will just watch someone beat the piss out of you THEN call 911. Most Hospital Police/Security dept's are Proprietary, not contract. Most Boston Hospital Police/Security Officers will deal with more physical confrontations in a year than most "Police Officers" will in their entire careers.

People Eating in the kitchen or sleeping get fired. On a PD would they get fired? Nope, they would cry foul to their union... Hospital Officers have more accountability, responsibility and liability than "Police Officers".

We ( I can't speak for all Hospitals) have great relationships with BPD, BFD, Muni's, State, Fed's and other local PD's. Like all dept. there a few arrogant fu*$s that we don't like and they don't like us. Who cares, I hope they like waiting in the waiting room for 6 hours.... "Oh, My friend Officer Smith, :lol: right this way we'll get your prisoner in and out in a jiffy"... "...don't worry about the other Officer, he's on our shit list, want some DD coffee?"

Oh yeah, It's actually against policy to change a tire... too much liability..i.e. the tire falls off on their way home..oops... But if you're driving, I'll more than gladly change your tire :twisted:

Nothing like sparking me up.... Do you always like busting chops?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.