Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Subscribing Member
382 Posts
BIDMC is not armed. We went through the 40 hour firearms training, and were issued our firearms. After the training we were told to hold off on carrying on-duty until our use of force policy could get approved. That was back on June 27th. The approval process is supposedly still in progress . Last week (roughly), we were told to give the firearms back. We will be issued them back when the use of force policy has been approved, and we have been given the approval to carry by the hospital. The hospital administration is supposedly also behind us carrying (from what we have been hearing from our dept. administrators). You read between the lines!!!

We were all hired under the premise (and were ALL TOLD) that this was an armed position, and we have not been given approval yet; and we have been here for 8 months. We are going on 164 days since firearms training was complete, and still no firearms. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

As for the working conditions...I don't know what to say other than it is a work in progress. Please refer to the above, and imagine how you would feel. :BM: :BM: :up: How is the firearms process going over MGH??

· Subscribing Member
382 Posts
RPD931 said:
Although PR24's are looking good... and at her majesty's suggestion too.
Don't be so sure about that. We all brought that up to her the day after Sept. 11, and got nowhere with it then. Great if you do, but I know the management over there. The minute someone uses it....you know how the rest of the story fits in.

· Subscribing Member
382 Posts
H50 said:
Why do you need firearms in a hospital where you open and lock doors and do an occasional restraint? Boston PD and MSP is always around there, as well as MUNI, HOUSING PD and others. I feel sorry for all the guys that left real departments to go there, what a SHAFT!!
:wm:
We are on the base of Mission Hill and Roxbury, and our patch (yes I think it was stolen) says Police. We do a lot of exterior patrols as well as off site patrols. During the commute in the not so great area of Boston, it might be nice to have the appropriate tools for your trade (that were promised). I would think that if you worked in Boston at a hospital, you would understand. But i guess you don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.