Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A young bicyclist struck an Everett police cruiser as it raced to a 911 call last night, seriously wounding the biker who flipped over the car and crashed head first into a traffic signal pole, several witnesses said.
"I was standing right here with everyone," said Chelsea Graves, 19, who lives at the intersection of Ferry Street and Glendale Street where the crash happened.
"Cop car came down here with the sirens on. He had lights and sirens. He had a green light. The kid came down on his bike and ignored everything. Right when I seen him the car clipped him and he hit the pole," Graves said.
Everett police said the officer was answering a 911 call but gave no details. They refused to identify the bicyclist or provide any information on his injuries or condition. The bicyclist was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital. The officer involved in the crash was hospitalized for stress, police said. The crash is under investigation.
Witness Genrri Rosario, 12, was walking home with a friend when he spotted the cruiser, a newer model Dodge Charger, turn on its lights and sirens.
"The sirens came on, then the cop kept on going. Then the bike just kept on speeding down the hill. He didn't stop," Rosario said. "The bike flipped over the cop car. Right there where all the blood is. I saw that the head was bleeding. I told the cop, 'It wasn't your fault.' "
Witnesses said the victim appeared to be about 20 years old. A woman who checked his pulse said it was weak.

http://bostonherald.com/news/region...eriously_hurt_after_striking_police_cruiser_/

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Finally witnesses who don't have a hard on against the police!

Seriously though, hope the officer is alright and the bicyclist too.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
I hope the bicyclist isn't hurt too badly, but dammit, I am so sick and tired of these idiots on bikes who have no regard for traffic and then have the gall to be upset when something bad happens to them. I hope he limps away with a good lesson learned and passes that lesson on to his friends.

My prayers are with the cop. No doubt he's still shaking and it's not even his fault. I can think of one job though where he'd still be just HOPING he's not in trouble.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cyclist Hit By Police Car Dies

Rouf was riding this bicycle when he was hit by a police cruiser Tuesday night.
WBZ

EVERETT (WBZ) ― A man who was hit by an Everett police cruiser while riding his bike Tuesday night has died.

Reda Rouf, 19, of Everett, was pronounced dead Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Investigators say an officer was responding to a 911 call in his cruiser when he hit Rouf at Ferry and Glendale streets.

Witnesses told WBZ Rouf was riding fast into the intersection before he was hit. The officer helped him immediately after the accident.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during their time of grief," police chief Steven Mazzie said in a statement Thursday.

The officer's name is not being released. He has been placed on paid administrative leave until the investigation is complete. Police say the 911 call was an unrelated incident.

http://wbztv.com/local/everett.police.cruiser.2.820278.html

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Cyclist Hit By Police Car Dies

EVERETT (WBZ) ― A man who was hit by an Everett police cruiser while riding his bike Tuesday night has died.

Reda Rouf, 19, of Everett, was pronounced dead Wednesday at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I hope the bicyclist isn't hurt too badly......
Open mouth, insert foot.

Damn, I don't want these people dead, just careful. Now I'm REALLY praying for both the family of the kid and the cop who will no doubt get blamed, no matter what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts