Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hoorah. I wonder what percent of MSP are devil dogs. Because I know there is no such thing as a former Marine!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My vote goes to Pierce County Sheriff/Lakewood Police in Washington. The uniforms look practical, tactical, and comfortable. Black BDU type uniform with Police/Sheriff silk-screened on the back. Black nylon gear with duty suspenders taking the weight off the hips and lower back.

corrected

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree. I like the brown 3/4 length leather coats with the cross draw action. They still have those??

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have two top uniforms...Of course I have to say that LAPD has the best uniforms, simple, clean and very traditional. We are the reason every one else has dark blue uniforms. The second is the Mass State Police (Winter Season) uniform. I have always like those since I was a kid.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Irishlacop";p="70275 said:
I have two top uniforms...Of course I have to say that LAPD has the best uniforms, simple, clean and very traditional. We are the reason every one else has dark blue uniforms. The second is the Mass State Police (Winter Season) uniform. I have always like those since I was a kid.
Legend has it that Adolph Hitler liked the MSP uniform too and it inspired the SS uniforms of that period.

I definately like the LAPD uniform and the MSP uniform is very nice.

I like the traditional but I also like having a non-traditional uniform - our optional summer uniform consists of dark blue 5-11 polo's (w/ embroidered badge, silk screening on back and sleeves and embroidered name on the front) and black 5-11 BDU's with a black Pacific Headwear low-profile ballcap with embroidered badge. Very comfortable and incredibly functional.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to say that uniforms that have a polo shirt and a baseball hat, look unprofessional. Too much like mall security. Just my personal opinion.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
HousingCop";p="70273 said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I like the brown 3/4 length leather coats with the cross draw action. They still have those??
Man, I was thinking "Damn he looks like one fine Trooper".. but he's GOT to be a whacker... RISP carrys 229 DAK's, not 1911's!!!!!!!!!

Anyways. Polo / ballcap: FAR from mallninja. The whole tacti-cool appearance has it's place. Its not every patrol, but's very practical and "attractive" IMO.....

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
Rhode island gets my #1 vote with MSP getting number two. I also heard the rumor that the ss uni was based on the msp. No idea if its true or not.

·
Registered
160 Posts
:handcuff: I'm sorry but nothing compares to those French and Electric Blues.... 8) I'd have to say by far we have the sharpest uniform I've seen. Let's here it for the MSP!! :handcuff:

·
Subscribing Member
3,431 Posts
I too like the Mass State Police uniform, depending on who's wearing it. Some don't look as good as others in uniform. Same for us here on LAPD. We look good in uniform but it depends who's wearing it

What is with the Rhode Island State Police having a number on their chest instead of a badge? And although they do look good in uniform, I don't think brown goes well on a police uniform. Blue is still synonymous with the police.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
I saw a Maine state trooper over the weekend. They're uniform didnt seem too bad either, although I didnt get a real close look at it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Irishlacop";p="70297 said:
I have to say that uniforms that have a polo shirt and a baseball hat, look unprofessional. Too much like mall security. Just my personal opinion.
A lot of police officers think that. Our mall security guys here look more like admirals and traditionally uniformed police officers. Our uniforms look a bit more like a tactical uniform. People either like them or don't. I know when we started wearing them guys got out of their cars and did more and a lot of regular people felt less intimidated. It's a lot easier to help someone change a tire, climb up on a roof, wrestle someone or quietly and stealthily walk through the woods with this type of uniform.

If it makes the patrol officers happy and they actually do some extra things they normally wouldn't then I'm all for it. The one downside is that if they aren't taken care of they look more shabby than a shabby traditional uniform.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
I like MSP #1. I heard opposite about the Nazi SS thing. I understood the MSP modeled their uniforms after Hitlers to have the intimidation thing going for them.

Can you believe CSP won best state 2004? Kate, I think you made the right choice because their uniforms are hideous.

www.naumd.com

·
2,297 Posts
Barbrady";p="70347 said:
I like MSP #1. I heard opposite about the Nazi SS thing. I understood the MSP modeled their uniforms after Hitlers to have the intimidation thing going for them.
The MSP chose their uniforms in 1921 (forest green) and switched to the French and Electric Blue in 1933.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts