Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
I agree, Colors was a pretty good movie, and "somewhat" realistic. It came out in 1988, about 3 or 4 months before I moved from the South Shore to L.A. to get on the job. I remember seeing that movie and then couldn't wait to hit the streets! Bloods and Crips actually dressed and acted like that then. They don't so much anymore.

A few other decent cop movies are: SWAT; The French Connection; The Blue Knight; Blown Away; and The New Centurians. While these may not be as realistic, I think they are entertaining.

kokid said:
My favorite cop movie of all time is 'Colors'. That movie is a classic.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I have 2 go with 2 really "Feel Good" cop movies; Bad Lieutenant & Internal Affairs.
The softer side of policing....

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
In all seriousness, I do think CopLand is pretty close to realism, at least in certain characterizations of police officers, their attitudes, the way they relate to one another and others.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
god heat is such a great movie. i love the scene when they have coffee together. scarface and the taxi driver sittin down having coffee. that bank scene is great. i like watching pacino throw henry rollins through that glass door.

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
I forgot about Heat, that was a good movie. The shootout at the end was pretty awesome. It came out before the North Hollywood Bank robbery shootout. I remember saying that that kind of shootout never happens in real life. Boy was I wrong!

Training Day was ok but certainly made us all look bad.

As far as uniformed police movies go, I think Colors still has it. Interesting, entertaining, and somewhat realistic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes Heat was before the LA Shout out. The reason I know this was that in 1997 I was a Freshman in my dorm room watching this movie. During the shoot out the RA's came to my room because of the gunshoots were so loud and echoed down the hallway. All I had was a simple 19 inch TV nothing special. Now that I have a 60 inch and surrond sound I should watch it again. Colors is also a great movie

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
New Centurions was a good one took place way before my time but then I guess a lot of things did. Also like In Heat of the Night, SWAT and SWAT and Blown Away but don't know how realistic they are. I guess I will have to watch colors since I have never seen it.

·
Subscribing Member
3,420 Posts
USMC,
You're right, it was eerie. Maybe some bad guys really do watch the movies and get ideas for their crimes, it wouldn't surprise me. Some people just aren't smart enough to think of things for themselves.

Mikey,
You've got to watch Colors. It's a pretty good movie. I think Robert Duvall does a pretty good job acting like a cop. The New Centurians was a really good movie for it's time.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Live and Die in LA was a good one...not so much that realistic (well I don't know maybe it is) but it was a good movie.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.