Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
G

·
There are some very good, concealable .380 autos, too. One guy that worked with us had a .44 spl. Charter Arms Bulldog, 5 shot cylinder as a backup!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased a Sig239 not long ago from AFS in Attleboro. Its an excellent choice, both gun, and place to shop, however I"m looking for something smaller. Like most of you, I prefer the Glock27 and would like to purchase one soon. Over the summer I spoke with a dealer who said he had just got a handful of Glocks in but was unable to sell them because of a new law banning all sales. Is this still the case still? and if so, where would be a good place to go?

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
The "ban" of of glock sales only pertains to dealers selling to the public, not law enforcement.

Also check out this post about FET.

http://www.masscops.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4544

I purchased a Sig239 not long ago from AFS in Attleboro. Its an excellent choice, both gun, and place to shop, however I"m looking for something smaller. Like most of you, I prefer the Glock27 and would like to purchase one soon. Over the summer I spoke with a dealer who said he had just got a handful of Glocks in but was unable to sell them because of a new law banning all sales. Is this still the case still? and if so, where would be a good place to go?

·
Registered
27 Posts
A glock 27 is the way to go, its small and takes the full size hi cap mags as well. The best place to buy a "Law Enforcement" glock is at Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham on River Street. They can get a new G-27 with factory sights around $450.00 and $525.00 with night sites.

I was there last week and he had some USED dept. guns that were never issued but are new in the box for around $380.00. All you need is a police picture id card and your Class A permit. If you order one from him it will take about a week or two. It is a great place to go to buy guns and the staff working their are very knowledgable.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
You can buy them new froma dealer FET out for $389...$429 with night sights...

A glock 27 is the way to go, its small and takes the full size hi cap mags as well. The best place to buy a "Law Enforcement" glock is at Law Enforcement Equipment in Waltham on River Street. They can get a new G-27 with factory sights around $450.00 and $525.00 with night sites.

I was there last week and he had some USED dept. guns that were never issued but are new in the box for around $380.00. All you need is a police picture id card and your Class A permit. If you order one from him it will take about a week or two. It is a great place to go to buy guns and the staff working their are very knowledgable.

G

·
Kahr MK9, got a used one in a local gun shop for $350 with two extra mags, box and book. Easily concealed with a belt slide holster under a shirt or inner pocket of a jacket or ankle holster.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
There are 2 in particular I carry off duty...each has their advantages and disadvantages.

S&W Model 639 Airweight Bodyguard in .38 Special +P (I carry it stoked with Winchester 125 grain +P silvertips). Very light, easy to carry with a good punch. In my desantis holster I can easily conceal it under a t-shirt. This is my "summer" carry gun.

Sig P245 in .45 ACP. The compact version of the Sig220, concealable, and powerful the Sig is excellent weapon (I carry it stoked with Federal 230 grain hydra-shoks). It is pretty easy to carry, but demands a little more than a t-shirt to conceal. This is my "winter" carry gun.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
I use the 638 basically set up the same way, but I've taken some slightly larger grips off of my 360 Kit gun and put them on this gun. Makes it a little bigger but fits my hand perfectly.

Killjoy";p="51629 said:
There are 2 in particular I carry off duty...each has their advantages and disadvantages.

S&W Model 639 Lighweight Bodyguard in .38 Special +P (I carry it stoked with Winchester 125 grain +P silvertips). Very light, easy to carry with a good punch. In my desantis holster I can easily conceal it under a t-shirt. This is my "summer" carry gun.

Sig P245 in .45 ACP. The compact version of the Sig220, concealable, and powerful the Sig is excellent weapon (I carry it stoked with Federal 230 grain hydra-shoks). It is pretty easy to carry, but demands a little more than a t-shirt to conceal. This is my "winter" carry gun.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sgt.berniedo";p="46810 said:
There are some very good, concealable .380 autos, too.

Kel-Tec makes one that is the same size as a seecamp .32
http://kel-tec.com/p3at_pistol.htm

I have their P-11 and I am very happy with it. It's really good to give them the attention of a "fluff&buff" for optimun performance. With the great price many don't mind putting in a little effort with it. The P-11 is the smallst thing I ever carry and is very concealable. The 3AT can fit in your pockect for the guys that like that sort of thing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts