best and worst gun shops | Page 2 | MassCops

best and worst gun shops

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by MiamiVice, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Mikey682

Mikey682 Subscribing Member

Powderhorn in Hyannis is very "cop friendly" and has a great reputation throughout the cape.

2. Muggsy09

Muggsy09 MassCops Member

I had a bad experience at Four Seasons. I stood at the counter for about 25 mins. and couldn't get anyone to wait on me. In my opinion it was a wasted trip all the way from Taunton. I will never return.

3. mopar6972

mopar6972 Subscribing Member

Just drove by Village Gun shop in Northboro(?) and the building seems cleared out and the sign says semi-retired.. appointments only... Kinda odd

4. Joe B

Joe B New Member

Yeah, I've had similar experiences there. I don't think it's because they're rude, it's just because they're that busy. However, if you're just standing there you'll wait forever, gotta speak up at that place.

5. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Quick note about four seasons, after seeing their prices online it makes shopping at another other shop alittle tough. Doesn't stop me from stopping in on just about any gun shop I come across though, but I usually find myself comparing their prices to Four Seasons. I finally made it out to their store a few weeks ago and it took 30min at least just to access the counter to browse the pistols. This was only because they were dealing with many customers. They will be moved into a larger space in the same building by 10/1 so things should get much better..
    If Smith&Wessons are your thing, Ware Gun Shop has very good prices and alot of stock of different models.

6. Jeep

Jeep New Member

I agree with Muggsy, Middleboro gun shop sucks. Not only overpriced, but the poorest customer service the owner acts like he's doing you a favor just by talking to you. I honestly don't know how the place stays in business.

7. reno911_2004

reno911_2004 New Member

AFS in Attleboro, big selection, great prices, and an awesome range. Plus very cop-friendly folks, and if they don't have it, they'll get it for you.

8. BartA1

BartA1 Subscribing Member

B and D reloaders in Hyde Park is pretty good. I recently purchased on off duty weapon from him. He actually got me the gun I wanted that four seasons told me I couldnt get because of the gun laws in mass. The last handgun I purchased was before they changed the gun laws in 1998. Welcome to AG Reillys world :roll:

9. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

If you are apolice officer, the 1998 regs really have very little impact on you....Police should always be able to get the guns they need in MA, the laws are set up that way.

10. Philly

Philly MassCops Member

I went to four seasons today for the first time, and like everyone said, they are very good. I do however want to shop a little before I buy anything. does anyone shop at AG Guns in Lowell?

11. Dane

Dane Subscribing Member

I've only purchased cleaning supplies and ammo at A.G. The staff was friendly, helpful, and informative.

12. Joe B

Joe B New Member

A.G. Guns is pretty good, their prices are okay and they're pretty helpful too. Try Collector's Coin Gallery in Stoneham as well.

13. kmartinsen

kmartinsen New Member

I know a few people who have been very satisfied doing business with AFS in Attleboro. As mentioned before, good selection and good prices.

If anyone buys equipment from Trippis, slide across the street to the Gunroom, they have some interesting characters there. Never got a comfortable feeling there so I brought my business elsewhere. They seemed quick to get you in and out and made you feel like you were an inconvenience if you asked them a question. (Smells like shit inside also)

14. Dan H

Dan H New Member

If in the area of the Gunroom I would say stop and check it out for the hell of it. The owner is a really nice guy and the other guys are mostly fine to deal with. One thing I would say about going to most shops, leave yourself alot of time. If you stop by in a hurry most likely you won't have a good experience anywhere. The Gunroom is great because most of the guys are very willing to talk to you and will listen too.

15. Investigator25

Investigator25 New Member

Sparky's Gun Shop in Webster, by far THE worst. It's a little shithole, he has nothing but used junk, and you want to talk about militia types. The owner sits around in the shop with a bunch of other old geyser's and drives around in a refurb wwII army jeep. They don't care if you're a cop, an agent or whatever as long as you have cash on you. Interesting display of rocket launcher's and bombs on the wall though.

16. John J

John J Subscribing Member

I find Coin Collectors Gallery to be a little pricey compared to Four Seasons. Four Seasons seems to have the best selection and best prices around.
    They just moved into a larger shop inside the same building.

17. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Hee Hee Bart,

That Austrian-designed product may actually be illegal due to some recent recall from Glock. Not busting chops but check out a copy of the letter from the manufacturer to dealers in Massachusetts. www.fsguns.com
    :wink:

Also check this out:
    WARNING TO MASSACHUSETTS GUN BUYERS:

Some dealers are also selling NEW Glock and Heckler and Koch pistols to non-law enforcement customers. Customers have told us that they've been buying Dan Wesson Pointmen, Springfield Armory and other non-certified handguns as well. Although the penalties are directed towards the dealer, if the gun is used in a shooting you (the consumer) may have a liability issue because the A.G. considers non-compliant handguns that have not been certified as being "defective". We don't agree with this but it's the way the regulations are written. Please don't take our word for it. We are not attorneys however this is how we understand the regs. If we and our attorney are wrong in our interpretation, please let us know.

18. BartA1

BartA1 Subscribing Member

Woody

I was told by four seasons I couldnt buy my Austrian friend because of Reilly's recall and the kid on the phone hung up before I could explain the entire situation, However when I went to see Don at B and D reloaders he listened to my entire story before ending the conversation. Hence I was able to buy my Austrian friend. Anyway point of story small business owner did great job, and will get my all my business from now on.

19. massirishcop

massirishcop New Member

Does anyone know where I can get an off duty holster for an sw99 40 cal. Thanks

20. universeexplorer1

universeexplorer1 New Member

Agreed... Four Seasons is very good...
    I will give a good recommendation to Plimoth Bay Outfitters in Plymouth...
    As for our neighbors to the north... Riley's in Hooksett, NH is also outstanding...

21. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Shooters is great too, IF you're a resident of NH. If not, you can buy clothing and ammo (with a valid LTC) and that's about it.

22. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Holy fawk...a ten year thread bump!!

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

pahapoika likes this.
  23. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

This is a true story: Years ago when I was just getting in to re-loading I went to the gun room on rt 9 for powder, bullets and some advise. when I asked for a pound of powder the guy behind the register proceeded to hand me a keg of IMR-700X... with a lit cigar still in his teeth and ash falling in the bottle... I haven't been back since. bomb.gif

zm88, Goose, mpd61 and 1 other person like this.
  24. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Thankfully those miserable slobs at the Gun Room are OUTTA BUSINESS!!!!!!!!:p

wwonka likes this.
  25. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

They finally went under? Wow.

Capitalism hard at work. That's what happens when you treat customers like dirt and have a shit reputation.

Tango_Sierra and mpd61 like this.