Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of curiosity, how much does Bentley start off at?

·
Registered
393 Posts
This is a great dept. to work for. They are very proactive over there. They do carry firearms, Glocks to be exact. I have a friend who is a Sgt. over there. Great dept. if you can get on.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lead,
Only rank carries firearms at Bentley. Went to the acad w/ 2 officers. Had an interview w/ them and they seemed squared away. Firearm is an issue over there from my sources, but they don't take shit from thier students

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes they do carry Glock model 23's to be exact. But only the Sgt.'s and above carry. The patrolman carry for medal detector details and if you are the OIC. Other than that they do not carry on patrol on the supervisors. I heared through the grape vine that they are going to try and arm everyone by the winter. Just my two cents worth.

eglock72

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Only Sergeants carry last I heard. Very brass heavy, few officers and still
just door service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any word if they have any municipal academy trained officers? I know that 3 of us went for 3 jobs last time they hired, and they didn't want any part of us. (Or maybe we just blew the interview?)

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
A couple MPOC guys, you just have to have the right answers when they ask how long you plan to stay, long term goals, do you understand internal judicial process VS criminal, etc.

Tons of sergeants and patrolmen who think they're sergeants.

Don't hold breath on patrolmen carrying FT soon. It's nothing but a carrot.

Good dept. Some new issues have been surfacing. Could be great with some tweaking.

Can't say enough about the chief. Great guy, knows what he is doing!

PM if you need more, I just got out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.