Belguim suspends Democracy/Civil Rights. | MassCops

Belguim suspends Democracy/Civil Rights.

Discussion in 'Military News' started by Beal Feirste, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

The Belgian parliament yesterday voted to give the government emergency dictatorial powers under the pretext of dealing with a pandemic emergency and to switch over to military rule under the authority of a "a special crisis committee" that answers ultimately to WHO and the UN.

BELGIUM SUSPENDS DEMOCRACY AND CIVIL RIGHTS OVER "SWINE FLU" PANDEMIC

Im my opinion the constant scare stories being put out re this swine/avian/human hybrid 'flu' is a load of rubbish. The word pretext could also be replaced with pretense.

Oh and don't take the vaccine.

Just sayin'

2. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Wow...that was nice of them.

I'm sure all those Americans buried in Bastogne were happy to hear that democracy was suspended and military-rule reinstated above their heads once again.

3. GeepNutt

GeepNutt MassCops Member

Upon hearing about this a small lightbulb then appeared over President Obama's head......

4. Beal Feirste

I would be very surprised if an American administration hasn't either drawn up plans for similar or already has the legislation in place in one guise or another.

5. 8MORE

8MORE New Member

You mean something similar to the bill that was in the news that the Ma. State Senate, Calling for forced entry w/out a warrant, ect...ect... for "Public safety reasons" regarding the Swine Flu????

6. MetrowestPD

MetrowestPD MassCops Member

BF,

Massachusetts has drawn up legislation similar to this, except is closer to a police state not military rule.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/senate/186/st02pdf/st02028.pdf

7. Beal Feirste

Now I know most of the guys n' gals on here are LE and I'm not having a dig at them but come on, "Public safety reasons"? What a nice vague phrase.

I'd also like to point out that I haven't read up on that Bill as yet so I can't really comment on how far reaching it would be if it was put into effect.

8. MetrowestPD

In my opinion this would be very hard to enforce, simply because most LEO's would be against it, again imo.

9. 8MORE

8MORE New Member

Beal, I think the bill in the Ma. Senate is a travesty. The (" ") was to show my disdain for there excuse and obvious attempt to toss the Fourth Amendment in the trash.

10. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I have spoken to several officers about this subject and they would refuse such an order. If that's just big talk I don't know but that's what I'm hearing.

11. Beal Feirste

I would hope that would be the case because if push came to shove their own homes would come under the same rule.

Maybe so but then that open another can of worms. If it were to become law and the majority of police refused to implement it under some type of so called emergency, where would that responsibility be passed on to?

12. MetrowestPD

Remember you can refuse an order you believe to be illegal. A State imposed law can never supercede the Constitution (i.e. 4th amendment), therefore enforcing this law can be seen as illegal.

Unless bodies are strewn in the street thats how I see it.

13. OfficerObie59

Don't forget the 15th Article of the Massachusetts Declaration of Rights, which I believe is much more applicable to this state-based situation:

14. MetrowestPD

Article 15 of the Mass. Declaration of rights was the model for the 4th amendment along with many other articles. Ironic that Mass. now chooses which Articles are to be enforced to the fullest and which ones are to be overlooked.

15. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry.. These two guys will be cookin up a plan.

[​IMG]

16. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Those in ivory towers don't like to get their hands dirty. They depend on the soldiers and police to do their bidding, but give them no respect.

17. OfficerObie59

The notion of needing warrants to enter private homes is nearly as old as the Magna Carta, but since it was never codified, it would often be violated and loopholes exploited. Leading up to the Revolution, British tax officers could get general warrants that would basically allow them to search everything where items and documents related to tax evasion could be found, i.e., anywhere. That's why the provisions about the items and locations to be seached--parts of these articles which are purely American--were added.

The Virgina Bill of Rights of 1776 actually predated both the MA and US provisions, courtesy from Patrick Henry of "Give me liberty or give me death" fame:
    Yeah, like this one....my happiness requires a change...
    Metro, if you have a lot of interest in this stuff, I recommend The Origins of the Bill of Rights by Leonard Levy...great read.

18. Air Force Cop

Air Force Cop sleepy and on a no dunkins diet

Boo Boo, we need to get you a hobby or some sort of activity that makes you sweat. You are spending way too much time behind books.

19. Trifecta

Trifecta MassCops Member

Obie Obie Obie. [-X

20. 5-0

5-0 Guest

and this site is better for it...;)

21. Trifecta

Trifecta MassCops Member

Beat me to it. Obie take up fishing, hunting, SOMETHING. Smart as hell no denying but let get some dirt underneath those finger nails

22. Air Force Cop

Air Force Cop sleepy and on a no dunkins diet

Tri, should I put up the pic? his followers may understand what we mean

23. Trifecta

Trifecta MassCops Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. OfficerObie59

Listen, just post the McLovin' license pic...I'm sure that'll do...

For all those who haven't met me, I bear a strinking resemblance to Fogel...

Yeah, thanks...working on my 140 year old house isn't exactly the cleanest of tasks...

25. Trifecta

Trifecta MassCops Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!