required campus events.

Send cover letter, resume, and three
professional references to: Human
Resources, Becker College, 61 Sever Street,
Worcester, MA 01609-2195 EOE

A Member of the Colleges

of Worcester Consortium

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
"previous college or campus policing
experience preferred."

I like that line.

I've heard good and bad about Becker. I hope they're hiring a FEW people considering how the campus is devided between the city and the country and spread out the way it is. COVERAGE is the key.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coverage is crap (or atleast was) always relying on WPI, Worc Pd of Leicester Pd. Finally armed the cops, newer cruisers, no real station. Tight admin that rules the PD and Chief, school doesn't like police work (ie no arrests, "writing up students" is useless ecp specially if its an athlete). School has been scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill dorms, seats, sport teams. Prepare to get walked on by everyone and be limited as to what you can do. They make you sign a 2 yr contract if they send u to the SSPO and threaten to take you to court of "lock you up" if you leave.

Pay sucks, no overtime, hardly any details. Shit health benefits, no time off unless your brass. People working there are questionable but have some solid people. Great place to start off and get experience in the field. Don't put too much into the dept or school bc they'd cross you in a second, trust me on that one. I've made great friends/resources from other agencies.

Other than that the place isn't that bad!! Good luck to all applying, if you need more info PM me I'll be glad to help you further

·
18,428 Posts
Other than that the place isn't that bad!! Good luck to all applying, if you need more info PM me I'll be glad to help you further
I think a few former Dachau inmates used the same line. Or, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play?" LMAO

Sorry. I don't know a thing about the place, but you seem to have some negative vibes going on there and I could not resist this bit of cheerful and totally nonmalicious, wise-ass comment.

Reactions: Foxy85

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Driving better cars than me and all their equipment is issued. Your kids can go there free and yes, the chief (retired WPD capt) is a great guy.

·
18,428 Posts

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Well, you got me...what's 'wrong' and what's the 'right'?
The chief did not come from FLA, he's a retired Worcester PD captain. The brother being refered to as the captain, is a recently retired PO from WPD. Both may have houses in FLA, but they are not from said state. Both have last names of Bousquet and both are good guys. When the chief was a capt for WPD he was a good guy that took care of the troops. From coversations with Becker guys he's still the same. Bob 's a good guy too, knew his shit on last half..

Not trying to get into a pissing match, just trying to set a cpl things straight. Hope it helps...

·
18,428 Posts
The chief did not come from FLA, he's a retired Worcester PD captain. The brother being refered to as the captain, is a recently retired PO from WPD. Both may have houses in FLA, but they are not from said state. Both have last names of Bousquet and both are good guys. When the chief was a capt for WPD he was a good guy that took care of the troops. From coversations with Becker guys he's still the same. Bob 's a good guy too, knew his shit on last half..

Not trying to get into a pissing match, just trying to set a cpl things straight. Hope it helps...
My humble opinion, I'd rather a chief who didn't know it all but took care of the troops than a chief who knew everything but used it to SCREW the troops.

A chief who doesn't know it all can always be counselled and helped along by his loyal people, a chief who knows everything might have too large of an ego and will look out for him/herself only and that rarely benefits the troops since even a hint of resistance can bring a vengeful rath. Of course there's nothing better than a chief who knows everything AND takes care of the people who work for him/her. The other extreme is the worst case scenario to say the least, Ignorant and neglegent or vindictive.

I don't know these two, but I like what I read.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Forget about the pay/bennies...it's ALWAYS about the scenery :cool:. A d/k in front of the PIP, or monitoring foot traffic of the local student population...

·
18,428 Posts
Forget about the pay/bennies...it's ALWAYS about the scenery :cool:. A d/k in front of the PIP, or monitoring foot traffic of the local student population...
Are you kidding me? Working in the inner city being shot at in summer is MUCH better!

Ah, summer nights on a college campus IS a good thing, ain't it? hee hee hee =P~ When you watch the lovely girls of summer school running around in, let's just say, LITTLE CLOTHING, and think, "I get PAID for this", it makes the paycheck all the sweeter!

G

·
I thought is was strange when a SP sled was up on the Cross patrolling 'the beach'...
I was always amused at the number of MSP people who would stop by WaterWorks on a hot summer night to make sure we detail guys were all set, while their eyes were everywhere but on us. :cool:

·
18,428 Posts
Mutual aid? Hey ya gotta watch the crowd for anything suspicious or any potentially dangerous characters. I'm sure we've all seen a few people out there and thought, "wow, the trouble he/she could cause!"

Yeah, I added 'he' because I'm sure many sisters in the biz have the same mindset as the brothers in the biz. Least I hope so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts