BCSO Academy Dates | MassCops

BCSO Academy Dates

Discussion in 'Sheriffs' started by SigShooter, Nov 24, 2008.

1. SigShooter

SigShooter MassCops Member

Does anyone have a general idea as to how often the BCSO runs their academies? Do they run them on a as needed basis or do they run them every so often. I'm hearing BCSO is trying to gain some sort of accredidation so the Sheriff may be trying to get as many Deputies as possible. Any researched thoughts on that?

2. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Their Correction academy has nothiong to do with Deputies, and not all correction officer's are deputy sheriff's. Deputy Sheriff's have no part inside the jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They run their academy on a "as needed basis," if they run one at all. Years ago, you went to class for two weeks, then shadowed other Officers for two weeks and that was your training.
    They have problems there now, because they can't keep Officers, and the one's that are new and stay, they are having more problems with.
    I am not telling you to either go or stay away, just the facts.

3. SigShooter

SigShooter MassCops Member

I know the difference between the Deputy Sheriff Academy and the CO Academy. You answered my question in the second part of your response. If I'm not wrong they ran a DS Academy in September and they just started their CO Academy in the past few weeks. Thanks for the input.

4. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

No problem. Good luck if you decide to try it out!

5. co2

co2 MassCops Member

They started a class this week.