Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to the Plymouth Academy in November and was told I will need to get First Aid, CPR and AED certified. Does anyone know if this is held at the academy or are we sent elsewhere for it?

Also if I am already certified for my current job do I need to do it again? I am getting it done through my current work this week... Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
As long as you are already certified there shouldnt be a problem. To answer your question though, typically with the reserve academy there is a first responder course that runs congruently with it. Although first responder is optional as some people already have it or get it elsewhere (i.e. there department, the redcross, the american heart association, etc..)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.... If it is First Responder then I have to take it, I only have an 8 hour certification (Lay responder). That sucks..

·
Registered
11 Posts
im a paramedic with 17 years in ems on busy fire dept. i teach it all and still have to do their cpr and 1st responder stuff. so be prepared to redo it all. best of luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts