Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we were sweating it for a while there. Turns out we're gaining people. Then we heard tonight at roll call that the 94th RSC is leaving Devens in the next 3-5 years. Rumor or not? Anyway, we're gaining approx. 1,000 people, all Army AD and reserves. Job security. 8)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOD/272;

Sorry, I've been in your shoes before. Keep an eye on the air force personnel and USAJOB sites. If we get upwards of 2-3,ooo additional personnel we'll have to hire more DoD/AGR's. Housing is open again and there's talk about putting it back within the fenceline. I'll try to keep this site updated as well.

Be safe;
George L.(sarge439)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey militiaman; Yeah it is the old housing. They re-opened it and renovated most of the units. Theres about 50+ units out there. We got word a couple weeks ago that it is definitly open for business. There will be a new fenceline put around it with two gates that we will man. We will also get more DoD cops to patrol same. Job security.
Keep an eye on USAJobs at AF Personnel site.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Otis survives! It will be interseting to see what kind of missions it takes on after the F-15's leave. If they don't get another aircraft type there it will become the second Air Force installation in Massachusetts without assingned aircraft. Hanscom is the other Air Force base without aircraft.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've heard rumor that the Gov. has approached Homeland Security suggesting Otis be used as a Federal LE training site. That would be awesome. Definite job security there. Also we found out last week that we now will have 373 housing units available for our active duty personnel. We're hoping for additional manpower. (?) Hope we are covering it and not a private security company. Time will tell. Be safe everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.