Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Town of Barre is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer(s). Minimum requirements:

Must be a U.S. citizen; high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. (higher education preferred); a graduate of the Mass. Criminal Justice Training Council approved full-time recruit class. Must be at least 21 years of age; be duly licensed to carry a firearm pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 140 Section 131, and possess a valid Massachusetts drivers license. Current base salary for FY 06 is $37,502.40 and the Quinn Bill is available to those who qualify.

Please send a cover letter of interest, along with a resume to
John J. Manzi, Chief of Police, 40 West Street Barre P.O. box 902, Barre, Ma. 01005.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
barre's been going through a lot of full time officer the last year. whats up with that?

·
Registered
174 Posts
sempergumby said:
That has been in the job file for a looooooooooooooooong time . Makes one wonder ????????/
True......many mave passed through recently. But it's not because of the chief....nope.....nothing to do with him.....not a reason at all (hint, hint....wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more) :-k

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did Barre fill the open Sergeant's position?

nightcopppa said:
The Town of Barre is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer(s). Minimum requirements:

Must be a U.S. citizen; high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. (higher education preferred); a graduate of the Mass. Criminal Justice Training Council approved full-time recruit class. Must be at least 21 years of age; be duly licensed to carry a firearm pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 140 Section 131, and possess a valid Massachusetts drivers license. Current base salary for FY 06 is $37,502.40 and the Quinn Bill is available to those who qualify.

Please send a cover letter of interest, along with a resume to
John J. Manzi, Chief of Police, 40 West Street Barre P.O. box 902, Barre, Ma. 01005.

·
MassCops Member
210 Posts
fjmas1976 said:
True......many mave passed through recently. But it's not because of the chief....nope.....nothing to do with him.....not a reason at all (hint, hint....wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more) :-k
Ahhh, yup.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
nawww, its never the chief.:HS:

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
kojack said:
Does anyone know if Barre filled the open Sergeant's position?
They just had a sergeant leave about a month ago.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Sgt. position has been put on hold. Instead, the department has posted an additional add for another patrolman. That is correct, the add you now see in the job file is new. How do I know this you ask??..because I'm a Patrolman with Barre PD.

·
Masscops Therapist
7,306 Posts
so can you answer the question, whats with the high turnover rate?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can only speak to the turnover rate relative to officer's I know who left the department. One left to take a job in a civil service department. Another guy left to go to a smaller non-civil sevice department, because he thinks he might have a shot at becoming the Chief in that department somewhere down the line. I have only been with Barre for the past 7 months, and since then we have hired 2 new guys. Once the current position in the job file is filled, Barre PD will have 9
full time guys, plus the Chief.

Ryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
what are they looking for. Do they already have someone lined up like most towns, or most qualified. Just wondering if I should bother trying again. thanks

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Unless things changed in the past year, I thought they liked the new Chief. He made a lot of new positive changes in a department that had been a stalemate for years prior. Maybe I'm wrong?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.