Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Barney takes it up the ass
Figuratively and...., well, you know.

Good put up JAPPAH!
Barney Frank is absolutely repellent. Why you folks in the 4th Congressional District keep voting in that incompetent buffoon is baffling.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Not sure why I clicked on this thread ...I think Im going to have to dedicate some time with my therapist on this...

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Barney Frank, Bill O'Reilly turn nasty in on-air battle

Photo by Herald file, left, AP, right
BELITTLING BARBS: Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly, left, took on Rep. Barney Frank in a Thursday interview.

The on-air blowout between Fox News personality Bill O'Reilly and Bay State Congressman Barney Frank was far more entertaining TV than the VP debate - and spilled over yesterday with neither man backing down.
O'Reilly told the Herald he has no regrets about the heated exchange - though he wishes there had been no "pejoratives" - and believes his job is to "hold these people accountable for what they do."
"I believe that Congressman Frank has hurt a lot of people," O'Reilly said. "It seemed to me that the congressman was being extremely unreasonable in the face of the evidence."
During Thursday's show, O'Reilly played a July 2008 TV clip of Frank when he was asked about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: "I think this is a case where Fannie and Freddie are fundamentally sound, that they are not in danger of going under. They're not the best investments these days from the long-term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward."
O'Reilly drove the point that Frank "still went out in July and said everything was great. And off that, a lot of people bought stock and lost everything they had." The Democratic rep argued that he said, "It wasn't a good investment."
A shouting match ensued, with O'Reilly calling Frank a "coward" and Frank calling O'Reilly "boorish." At one point, referring to Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Christopher Cox, O'Reilly said: "Look, at least Cox is man enough."
Frank told the Herald that O'Reilly "was so frustrated that he was losing the argument on substance that he just started to sound like a kid in junior high school."
The clip had more than 315,000 hits on YouTube yesterday afternoon. Frank, who has gone on O'Reilly's program before, said he wasn't personally offended.
"He really lost it," Frank told the Herald. "People make fun of talking to TV people, but that was just a travesty. I don't have any great regard for his opinion. He was putting out misinformation, and when I corrected him he just lost it."
As for going on O'Reilly's show in the future, Frank says he's up for it. "Either you can have a rational conversation or he can show what a jerk he is again. In either case, that's fine with me," Frank said.
O'Reilly said he wouldn't rule out having Frank on his program again. "I don't think we need to replay that," O'Reilly said.

[email protected]

(10) Comments | Post / Read Comments

http://bostonherald.com/news/region...k__Bill_O_Reilly_turn_nasty_in_on-air_battle/

·
Stirrer of the Pot
4,338 Posts
Lawmaker Accused of Fannie Mae Conflict of Interest
Friday, October 03, 2008
By Bill Sammon

WASHINGTON - Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank's efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank's partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency's push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie's assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.
Both Frank and Moses assured the Wall Street Journal in 1992 that they took pains to avoid any conflicts of interest. Critics, however, remain skeptical.

"It's absolutely a conflict," said Dan Gainor, vice president of the Business & Media Institute. "He was voting on Fannie Mae at a time when he was involved with a Fannie Mae executive. How is that not germane?

"If this had been his ex-wife and he was Republican, I would bet every penny I have - or at least what's not in the stock market - that this would be considered germane," added Gainor, a T. Boone Pickens Fellow. "But everybody wants to avoid it because he's gay. It's the quintessential double standard."

A top GOP House aide agreed.

"C'mon, he writes housing and banking laws and his boyfriend is a top exec at a firm that stands to gain from those laws?" the aide told FOX News. "No media ever takes note? Imagine what would happen if Frank's political affiliation was R instead of D? Imagine what the media would say if [GOP former] Chairman [Mike] Oxley's wife or [GOP presidential nominee John] McCain's wife was a top exec at Fannie for a decade while they wrote the nation's housing and banking laws."
Frank's office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Frank met Moses in 1987, the same year he became the first openly gay member of Congress.

"I am the only member of the congressional gay spouse caucus," Moses wrote in the Washington Post in 1991. "On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."

The two lived together in a Washington home until they broke up in 1998, a few months after Moses ended his seven-year tenure at Fannie Mae, where he was the assistant director of product initiatives. According to National Mortgage News, Moses "helped develop many of Fannie Mae's affordable housing and home improvement lending programs."

Critics say such programs led to the mortgage meltdown that prompted last month's government takeover of Fannie Mae and its financial cousin, Freddie Mac. The giant firms are blamed for spreading bad mortgages throughout the private financial sector.
Although Frank now blames Republicans for the failure of Fannie and Freddie, he spent years blocking GOP lawmakers from imposing tougher regulations on the mortgage giants. In 1991, the year Moses was hired by Fannie, the Boston Globe reported that Frank pushed the agency to loosen regulations on mortgages for two- and three-family homes, even though they were defaulting at twice and five times the rate of single homes, respectively.

Three years later, President Clinton's Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to impose a new regulation on Fannie, but was thwarted by Frank. Clinton now blames such Democrats for planting the seeds of today's economic crisis.
"I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was president, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac," Clinton said recently.

Bill Sammon is FOX News' Washington Deputy Managing Editor.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,432501,00.html

G

·
On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."
I would instantly throw up if I was present. Anyhow... I loved that video clip! Thanks JAP, and let's see if the media goes anywhere with this.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Did anyone see SNL last weekend? Fred Armisen (I hope I spelled that right) did a GREAT Barney Frank.

And to those who wonder why that assclown (best use of that term I can think of) still gets elected, well we've got Marx and Engels in the Senate, why not put Trotsky and various others in the House?

I'd move to New Hampshire but three things keep me here:

1) It's home and I keep hoping I can help elect the RIGHT person
2) The commute would NOT be fun
3) Haven't MassHoles done enough to RUIN New Hampshire. Even though I'm a conservative, at this rate, native New Hampshire folks are no doubt naturally distrustful of ANYONE from Mass. considering those who moved there turned a good Republican state into Mass. Jr. Kinda like what happened to Poland after the WW2.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Kilvinsky said:
Did anyone see SNL last weekend? Fred Armisen (I hope I spelled that right) did a GREAT Barney Frank.
It was laugh-out-loud funny Kil.. The 2 clowns that spake of their foreclosure was a riot too. Spot on sadly enough.

Kilvinsky said:
2) The commute would NOT be fun.
My philosphy Kil, live where you want to live and let the commute work itself out.
I (as does JAP) live in one of the most beautiful, most quintessential small NH towns you could find. My town is the thing post-cards are made of.
I would rather live here and commute an hour or an hour and 20 than live in any other Massachusetts community.
That from a boy born in Cambridge, raised in Tewksbury, owned a condo in North Andover and hasn't looked back a day since he left.
Kilvinsky said:
3) Haven't MassHoles done enough to RUIN New Hampshire.
Yes, yes, and yes... Oh, did I mention yes?
It is beyond me why ex-Mass-pats come up here for our "quality of life" and spend the rest of their lives trying to change it to that which they left.
WTF people???
No we DON'T have FT fire. No we DON'T all have ambulances. And no we DON'T all have FT police.
But we do have "shall issue" laws compatible with our Second Amendment.
We work in our community as vollies and First Responders & EMT's.
We pay for our own wells and supply our own water.
We have our septic tanks pumped as there is no city sewerage.
And that's fine, we don't need nor want those things, at least not those of us who appreciate true and traditional NH ideals. (LEAVE US BE AND WE'LL BE FINE)

You are welcome up here Kil... We could use your common sense.

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
I know, I was thinking of the purple dinosaur too. Sheet, i'm disapointed :(

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,508 Posts
Vermont was also ruined back in the '60s. I mourn what once was, even though I'm too young to have appreciated it.

Why didn't all those liberal New Yorkers just stay in the same damn state instead of wrecking the Green Mountain State? There was plenty of room then, there still is, GO BACK TO NYS!

Heavens to Betsy.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
The same philospophy applies to this Country..people see its beauty, move here then try to change it...and it doesnt help when people that are already here join in.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts