Barbara Billingsley, Beaver Cleaver's TV mom, dies | MassCops

Barbara Billingsley, Beaver Cleaver's TV mom, dies

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by cc3915, Oct 16, 2010.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

LOS ANGELES — Barbara Billingsley, who gained supermom status for her gentle portrayal of June Cleaver, the warm, supportive mother of a pair of precocious boys in “Leave it to Beaver,” died Saturday. She was 94.

Billingsley, who had suffered from a rheumatoid disease, died at her home in Santa Monica, said family spokeswoman Judy Twersky.

Barbara Billingsley, Beaver Cleaver's TV mom, dies | CapeCodOnline.com

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Rest in Peace Mrs. Cleaver.

2. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

This is sad indeed!! A woman in her genre who had the guts to say on TV< "You were knda hard on the Beaver last night Ward" is alright in my book!!!

3. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

I love that show.
    Rest in peace, Barbara.

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Her greatest roll was in "AIRPLANE", though she'll always be loved and remembered for her roll in "Leave it to Beaver".

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

...and while wearing a pearl necklace. Now THAT'S class!

5. I speak Jive.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Wow, 94...

That is one well travelled and resiliant Beaver......

Rest in peace, you Jive Honkey Momma Cleaver.

7. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Picture the wake. Ken Osmond walks in to pay his respects. He stops by the open casket, looks in, WINCES, then realizing people are watching says, "Wow, Barbara, you look lovely as always. Too bad Hugh wasn't here to help send you off."

Then he goes over to where Tony Dow and Jerry Mathers are standing. He looks at Jerry Mathers and says, "Hey squirt, put a little weight on did ya? Too bad you haven't got Barbara to feed you healthy food anymore!" then he turns to Tony Dow.

"Sorry for your loss guy, but hey, it's not like she was your REAL mom, right? heh heh heh heh. Hey, let's blow this morbid scene and go meet some girls. I'm a retired COP you may remember. I've got a gold "RETIRED" shield and can get lots of girls with my stories of getting shot!"

Tony Dow is apalled and says, "Nah, I better stay here or the undertaker might hollar at me."

8. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

And she spoke it with perals on.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKfS3udCCx0"]YouTube - Barbara Billingsley: "Stewardess, I Speak Jive"[/nomedia]

9. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member