Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
MassCops Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently saw a North Shore Officer in a popular North Shore Rt1 establishment, not in the city he worked in, and trying to work the whole "cop" thing uniform and all while sitting at a table at the bar, it really bothered me, especially since he wasnt even a cop in that town. The kid was young(21-24)just dont get it, I know a ton of retarded people who are officers, and even they would not go out to a bar full uniform and duty belt in all...just really bothered me. Throw a shirt on over the uniform, and grow up...my two cents, sorry for venting but so immature

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ahhh I agree 100%...but he probably just got on and wanted to show it off.. He'll learn sooner or later you never want to be seen in public off- duty in uniform. Ever try having lunch? "Excuse me officer, why is the highway backed up? My friend got this ticket and I was wondering why? Can you give me directions to GWAM?!?!?" All I WANT TO DO IS EAT MY LUNCH..lol

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Shouts "CRYING FOR ATTENTION" all day long :roll:

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
the only time my uniform is worn is on my way to work and home from work. Occasionally i'll stop into 7-11 to get ice cream and that's the only place i stop in uniform. The only reason I don't change before going home is most of the time I work at my FT job from 0530-1800 then go to the station from 1830-2300/2400 so I'd rather just keep it on and tear it off asd soon as I get home and crawl into bed and die :p

Scott :rock:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
in my opinion going into a bar off duty in uniform is a bad idea. Too many nitwits that might have an axe to grind. why bother with the headache change or throw on a jacket and a pair of jeans.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
40th MPOC#309";p="51234 said:
OMG-into a watering hole no less!!! WTF! I'd like to smack this kid....... :roll:
Not to Mention The Experienced Lynn Officer (Lt.) Who Recently Got Japped Simply Eating Dinner in a Lynn Restaurant.
I Don't Think The Kid Realized How Badly This Could Have Turned
Out If A Couple Of "Cop Hating" A-Holes Decided To Wait For Him Outside...
Could Have Been A Very Bad Scene...
:roll:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Seems strange.
I might stop in a bar to pick up a pizza/sandwich, but I would NEVER sit at a bar or lounge table for any amount of time. It looks bad, and the potential for sh*t is way too high.
8)

·
1,334 Posts
copchika911";p="51093 said:
Ahhh I agree 100%...but he probably just got on and wanted to show it off.. He'll learn sooner or later you never want to be seen in public off- duty in uniform. Ever try having lunch? "Excuse me officer, why is the highway backed up? My friend got this ticket and I was wondering why? Can you give me directions to GWAM?!?!?" All I WANT TO DO IS EAT MY LUNCH..lol
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB...In public, off-duty and in uniform :shock:. The fact that he is in a bar dressed like that is even more deplorable, that sets a bad example. We get enough bad press as it is for doing our jobs, nevermind something like that getting into the papers or to the Chief.

If I am off-duty, aside from a detail, I don't even want to be in town. If I need to go to the post office or bank, next town over thank-you... it avoids the "My cousin's wife that lives in Oregon and got a ticket from a cop who was sitting in a driveway with the lights off and it was near a speed limit sign. Thats a radar trap and its illegal I heard it from my brother who is a lawyer. Don't they teach that at the police academy?" and all that BS...

Thankfully I live in the far end of town it is almost out of town, which has its advantages. I don't even like going to court for a clerks hearing right from working a midnight shift because as soon as I park and walk toward the courthouse everyone who is too lazy to get a MAP is asking for directions around the city where the court is located.

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
I only wear my uniform to and from the dept. and the details. I do however sometimes were my ball cap off duty. Then again, its not a police department.

·
Registered
14 Posts
40th MPOC#309";p="51234 said:
OMG-into a watering hole no less!!! WTF! I'd like to smack this kid....... :roll:
Go get 'em!!!! :evil:

Goes to show you, some people just don't think ](*,)

(and BTW...when you say you are gonna stop over on Christmas, you better stop over) :whistle:

G

·
Went to the grocery store last night after shift for 1/2 dozen things. First comes a guy and says "my fouteen year old daughter is looking thin, do you think it could be anorexia?" I tell him to take her to the pediatrican and see what she eats. Then a guy grabs me at check-out and yells "Hey, you work with Eddy? (ah yeah) Good!, tell Eddy thanks for fixing the old ladies' ticket.
:roll:
Next time I'm wearing a bathrobe and slippers after work!
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
"Funny" story that kind of relates to this. I was in a "99" Restaurant picking up take-out for my partner and I. While standing at the takeout window, which is near the exit, there was a group of patrons leaving the bar. (Now I wear my portable on my left side, and the cord goes across my back and over my right shoulder where the lapel mike is.) Well, all of a sudden, i feel my cord get pulled back and then released--snapping against my back. :shock: :shock: I swung around so fast I scared the hell out of the guy, and his face turned completely red. "Oh I thought it was 'jimmy.' Well it's not Jimmy!! He apologized profusely, and I advised him that it should go on his list of things NEVER to do again. :evil: :roll:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Val! I was over your dept. this AM @ 0200-where were you??? BTW-your x-mas gift wasn't ready, thats why I didn't come over :oops: Now back on topic-sort of....How about the LE dudes who wear thier uni just to get the discount???? :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
40th MPOC#309";p="51666 said:
Hey Val! I was over your dept. this AM @ 0200-where were you??? BTW-your x-mas gift wasn't ready, thats why I didn't come over :oops: Now back on topic-sort of....How about the LE dudes who wear thier uni just to get the discount???? :lol:
3-11 dude....3-11 dude....typical man...in one ear and out the other :roll: :FM:

and I'm still waiting for my gift (and that phone call you promised me.....not that I want to leave this delightful place :^o )

and now to go back on topic...I never get a break even for a cup of coffee. I was in one establishment picking up dinner for the gang when I heard, "they don't get a discount, they aren't real cops" ](*,)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.