badge wallets | MassCops

badge wallets

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Prospect, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Prospect

Prospect MassCops Member

Hello,
    Looking for a new badge wallet.. any suggestions?

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Yeah, get one that your badge fits into...oh wait, you didn't tell us squat about your badge so we can't tell you squat about badge wallets.

;)

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

zm88 likes this.
  3. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

I suggest going to a law enforcement supplier and seeing what they can do for you. I've been using a generic shield style for mine (clamshell badge) as I'm still waiting to stop at a store to grab a better one.

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

hawaii 5-0.jpg

5-0, We'd like to ask some questions :cool:

Johnny Law likes this.
  6. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

[​IMG]

pahapoika likes this.
  7. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Just take any old wallet and pin your badge to it. I usually wear my badge on a chain around my neck, whether on or off duty. It may seem silly when ON duty since I'm in uniform, but hey baby, that's how I ROLL!

No seriously, just visit any uniform store, shoe 'em your badge and they will either have on hand, or have to order the right fitting wallet.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  8. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

do yourself a favor and carry your tin in a separate wallet altogether. that way you don't look like Gene Hackman in heist, when he is at the bar and his fed "FAA" badge flops out. it will keep the bartender from tea bagging your drink.

zm88 and BxDetSgt like this.
  9. msw

msw MassCops Member

No intention to thread hi-jack, but it sorta applies to the original post.......Just curious: Do Massachusetts PD's typically issue a flat (wallet type) badge along with the pin-on uniform badge? Doing so is pretty common out here in California; my Department - LASD - has always issued both the pin-on badge (star) and the flat badge, with wallet and ID included. My retirement flat badge was also issued in its own wallet, with retired ID/credentials.

And, like many others, I have always carried my flat badge/ID - in its own issued wallet - separately from my regular wallet, in case I choose to leave it in my car when venturing into any particular type of establishment, and/or just don't want to re-create the Gene Hackman type of scenario mentioned in the previous post.

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

I was issued one badge, if I wanted more I had to order them (including a flat one). But ours aren't numbered.

11. Kilvinsky

We're issued TWO only. More? You buy 'em. My original wallet badge I bought and had the number left off since at the time we would change every couple of years to show our place in seniority. Plenty didn't like that so we fell into place with the last number we had, regardless of rank.

My original wallet badge was big. I got a small one. Less effort picking up the wallet.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Only one for us, the pin on. They did approve a 100th anniversary of our dept version, but you coughed up the dough for that if you wanted it (I did). I also did for our flat wallet badge with a clip on the back.

I only ever ID'd myself one time at a scene that way, and yes, as a matter of fact I wore a porkpie hat like Popeye Doyle at the exact time I did ID myself. Want to make something of it?

zm88, Pvt. Cowboy and Hush like this.
  13. Kilvinsky

I have nothing but total admiration for Popeye Doyle and if I could find a porkpie hat for a reasonable price, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I fell in love with that movie long before my parents would let me see it (read the book!). Once I DID see it...well, I'll just say, when it's on, I watch it. I've listened to the opening theme so many times on YouTube, I hear it in my sleep. It's LOUSY music, but when coupled with the movie, it's just TOO COOL!

I would rank that movie as one of the TOP COP MOVIES of all time, that and "The New Centurions" (Kilvinsky, get it?)

zm88 and TacEntry like this.
  14. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

I told you two or three years ago that it was Kilvinski with an I - but you were drinking at the time...

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 gigawatts!

pahapoika likes this.
  15. Kilvinsky

I didn't go by IMDB, I went by the novel, which I've read at least three times. :D

Goose likes this.
  16. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

Totally agree. The way that was filmed gave it a very realistic feel. The chase scene from station to station was EPIC - No movie nowadays can imitate the grittiness and raw feeling of Hackman burning rubber and careening through the streets and that Pontiac - cuz back then - the did that with No CGI.

Oh yeah - and badge wallets, badge wallets!

Kilvinsky likes this.
  17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

[​IMG]

And nowadays... The pork pie hat belongs to someone else...

[​IMG]

Hush and Johnny Law like this.
  18. Irishpride

Irishpride Subscribing Member

When I carry a badge off duty (very rare) I keep it on a belt clip in my pants pocket. If I'm off duty the last thing I need is a ridiculously bulky wallet that essentially does the same thing as my PD ID which I keep hidden in my wallet. After 9 years on the job I have next to no incidents where I've ID'ed myself off duty and that's the way I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zm88 likes this.
  19. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Went to Law Enforcement Equipment, Inc in Waltham today. Small place, but they had a wallet in stock and it fits perfect. Good place from my experience. Quite a gun selection as well.