Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
1. tooth brush & tooth paste.
2. jewlery cleaner.
3. or good ole brasso & elbow grease!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just be careful when using Brasso (talking from experience). Some badges actually have a clear coat on them, which Brasso tends to take off. Over time, the badge can actually tarnish, and you will have to Brasso it every other day. I use a toothbrush with some non-abraisive toothpaste, and personally I think that works the best. Take care.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Portable81";p="55784 said:
Just be careful when using Brasso (talking from experience). Some badges actually have a clear coat on them, which Brasso tends to take off. Over time, the badge can actually tarnish, and you will have to Brasso it every other day. I use a toothbrush with some non-abraisive toothpaste, and personally I think that works the best. Take care.
Which toothpaste do you recommend?

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
Well, 4 out of 5 cops surveyed, recommended Crest Whitening with "freshburst" crystals as opposed to the Costco brand.

Why not just leave it alone and attain that "salty" look we all strive for? Nobody wants to have a shiny badge & be looked at as the FNG.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've used both Crest and Colgate... any toothpaste will work, just be careful not to use the type that has a "sandy" feel, as it could scratch. I think that's a special kind of toothpaste for something... dunno.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
A diaper and "Flitz" should do the trick...use a toothbrush for the "corners"...this method works well for all your uniform jewels...and the "Flitz" will not attack the paint, clearcoat, etc:

Flitz

I bought a two pound can several years ago...my nephew's children will be using it! :shock: A little goes a long ways... :D

The stuff is good for glass and plastic, too: it cleans chemically, not with abrasives (which is how Brasso works...and I've used my share of Brasso!). Use Brasso for "raw" metals...those that have no protective covering or painted details...

"Flitz" will make your stainless steel sink shine: the bride will think you got her a new one...pretty cool and cheap with Valentines day coming! 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts